Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babzie25 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2010, 05:15 PM
    What levels are to high for nitrite
    In my 30 gal tank my nitrite is 1.0 ppm, which seems to be high, but my ammonia level is 0 ppm. What do I need to do to get this down?
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2010, 05:34 PM

How long has your tank been up and running? A lot of times with new tanks, different levels spike. Nitrates and Nitrites should be at a zero... Any reading at all is too high.
    babzie25 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2010, 01:25 AM
    The tank is established tank since August of last year, however, shortly after this post I ran into a algae problem. After doing a 3/4 water change the levels on target. Thanks for the feed back.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2010, 09:54 AM

No problem! Lots of different types of allgae can do strange things to tanks... Mainly because tanks are closed off... Half the issues we experience with fish tanks would never be seen in the wild.

Glad everything worked out for you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

High nitrite levels in my freshwater tank [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I am new to my hobby I just got a 25gal aquarium and filled it out with freshwater tropical fish and as a nub started with fish that is more tolerable to harsh conditions like Platys, Hi-fin tetras, neon tetras, glow fish I had one nub but unfortunately he died about two days ago. I also have 1...

Nitrite level to high [ 6 Answers ]

I bought a 75 gal fish tank on the 4 July 07 I bought some fish and did not know about the cycle thing, I do now .All of my fish died except one the rainbow shark. Which I still have.A few weeks ago my ammonia level was way up so I used a ammonia lock and it made my water so cloudy that I could not...

High Nitrite and Nitrate Levs [ 9 Answers ]

I am wondering why in my fresh water tank I have very high Nitrites and Nitrates levels in it. I have a 10gal tank with a Bio Wheel Filter and the Whisper Filter that came with the tank when I got it. I have 9 fish in it as well. The water got clear as soon as I put in the bio-wheel filter,...

Aquarium Very HIGH Nitrite levels [ 4 Answers ]

So we're new to fish and have acquired a 56 litre (16 US Gal) Hexagon tank. So I set it up and left it to cycle for about 10 days. Before we stocked it we had the water tested and it was fine, 0% Amm, 0% Nitrite. We purchased 2 pearlscales and within 10 days both were dead. I now know this...

What to do when Creatinine levels our to high? [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anything to do besides starting on dialysis to lower the levels of Creatinine? Please help!

View more questions Search