Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rex123 Posts: 766, Reputation: 100

Oct 15, 2009, 08:32 AM
    Homemade Aquarium Decorations
    Hey you guys I'm soon going to start a fishtank and get a couple of African Dwarf Frogs. I really would like to have some nice decorations and hiding spots for them so, could anyone tell me how to make some nice homemade decorations.

Also I've heard that lego structures are safe... Is this true??

Thanks everyone:cool:
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 15, 2009, 07:13 PM

Hi Rex,

Aquariums are not my specialty. In fact, I have more problems then answers.

I do have a few questions though.

Pretend that I know nothing and go along with this. ;)

Are you only keeping frogs?

If so, are you only filling the tank with a small amount of water and making a landing for them to sit on or are they the type of frogs that like to be in water all the time?

What kind of tank do you have? Is there a heater? Do the frogs require a certain water level, ph level?

What about food? What kind of food do the frogs eat?

I can do research, it may take a while. Bear with me, maybe the two of us can come up with some answers, unless of course someone with knowledge on this subject comes along, which is what I'm hoping for. ;)
    rex123 Posts: 766, Reputation: 100

Oct 16, 2009, 02:31 AM

I'll be keeping them with my goldfish in a 10 gallon tank. There is a heater but the frogs do not need it, except for in the winter. The frogs can eat fish flakes however they get more nutrients from turtle pellets. Also they like to eat things that drop to the bottom... So they usually don't come to the surface to eat.
    They do like to be in the water, however the aquarium should be of normal size and not one that is really tall as they have to swim up to the top to breathe occasionally.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Proper time to take down Holiday Decorations [ 16 Answers ]

When should one take down Christmas Lights and Decorations?

Christmas Office Door Decorations! [ 4 Answers ]

My office is having a Christmas Door Decorating contest and I'm looking for suggestions! Please help! It has to be done by the 18th of Dec for judging!:)

Searching for Kitchen wall decorations? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm hoping someone can help direct me in my search for some kitchen decorations. My wife has located a couple of really cute items, both were found at thrift stores and neither one has a label or name on them anywhere so we can't even tell who made them. They are a decorative frying pan, with...

Wedding Decorations? [ 5 Answers ]

I need some help coming up with a good theme for my wedding decorations. I am getting married in August, probably outdoors and we are having a bbq for the reception. However, the dress code is still going to be at least semi-formal. I cannot stand the idea of doing the whole pink, purple, teal...

View more questions Search