Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ddkins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2013, 06:56 PM
    How to adjust kohler 1.6 gallon toilet tank
    The float in the tank stops the water right at the brim of the siphon tub. There must be some surges with the water that causes a little to drain over the tube. Then the float begins to fill the tank the 1/2 inch of water that escaped. How do I adjust the float just a little?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 28, 2013, 07:49 PM
    All floats can be adjusted but if you can attach a picture of yours or name the brand we could give specific directions. Old time brass rod unit you could just bend the rod by holding each end and bend slightly arching up. Newer units frequently have an adjustment screw on top of what looks like a tower. What's yours look like
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 28, 2013, 08:45 PM
    If 1/2" water "escapes " it sounds like 2 issues, leaking flapper and float too high. You go through the phantom flush and fill cycle and it wastes water and costs you money. As soon as the water reaches the top of the fill tube, turn the supply valve off and watch. Tell us what happens.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 29, 2013, 05:51 AM
    What type of ballcock do you have? Tonight, before bedtime. Place some food coloring in the tank, Next morning check the bowl for color, Let ne know what you find. Good luck, Tom
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kohler 1.6 gallon toilet, bowl not filling to correct level [ 10 Answers ]

This is a new toilet, just installed. It flushes fine, but the bowl does not fill all the way. When it stops filling you can hear water trickling and the level goes down. Any ideas why? Thanks

Kohler 1.6 gallon [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kohler 1.6 gallon toilet... when the toilet is flushed... the float drops down too fast and the toilet doesn't flush completely... sometimes it has to be flushed twice for everything to go down. In other words the tank doesn't empty enough water in the bowl to have a good flush... is there...

How do I make my Kohler 1.6 gallon toilet flush with more force [ 4 Answers ]

How do I make my Kohler 1.6 gallon toilet flush with more force so all the contents go down and it doesn't have to be flushed twice.

Water runs in kohler toilet tank [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I installed a Kohler toilet last night. Everything is working great, no leaks, and the toilet is operational. The only issue I'm having right now is that in the tank, periodically there is some water running. It is not a constant run. So I will be in the bathroom, or a nearby room, and...

1.6 gallon tank toilet will not drain first time [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a 1.6 gallon toilet about 4 years ago. Although it has never drained as well as the new low volume toilets do, the job was still done. For about 4 months, it now needs 2 full flush to do the job right. Any ideas? Thanks. Carl

View more questions Search