Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aann4kd Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2011, 07:17 PM
    How do I make my Kohler 1.6 gallon toilet flush with more force
    How do I make my Kohler 1.6 gallon toilet flush with more force so all the contents go down and it doesn't have to be flushed twice.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 4, 2011, 08:08 PM
    Toilets flush by gravity. So, generally speaking, higher the tank, better flush you will get. Milo
    puffmugs Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

Nov 4, 2011, 08:30 PM
    Some Kohler flappers have a white or blue bobber on the chain with a lock spacer on the top and bottom of the bobber. If you raise the bobber higher on the chain it will keep the flapper open longer and let more water into the bowl to allow a longer flush. You will use more water, but will only have to flush once. Later model Kohler toilets do not have this. So your only solution is to raise the water level in the tank as high as it will go.
    aann4kd Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2011, 08:41 PM
    It doesn't have a flapper... is it a cylinder... we already raised the water in the tank as high as we could
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Nov 5, 2011, 06:08 AM
    Hi Aann4kd

They found those cylinders didn't work to well and have swapped back to a larger 3" flapper for the newer kohler toilets. You can try to get the replacement flapper and flush valve assembly and replace the cylinder or at this time you can simply hold the handle to the toilet down for a longer period... will allow the cylinder to stay up and more water to enter the toilet bowl to flush the solids away better.

When the cylinder fails (toilet starts to fill by itself on occassion), and it will, you can always replace the cylinder with the new flapper design at that time.

Good luck!

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kohler 1.6 gallon toilet, bowl not filling to correct level [ 10 Answers ]

This is a new toilet, just installed. It flushes fine, but the bowl does not fill all the way. When it stops filling you can hear water trickling and the level goes down. Any ideas why? Thanks

Toilet flush: When I flush the toilet the water does not wash all around the bowl. [ 10 Answers ]

Toilet flush: When I flush the toilet the water does not wash all around the bowl. There is always a section at the front that doesn't get washed. I have tried pushing the end of a wire coat hanger around the rim, and I have used copious amounts of cleaner. Does anyone have any suggestions?

My toilet is raised about six inches off the floor and I would like to make it flush [ 2 Answers ]

My toilet is raised about six inches off the floor on a square pedestal and I would like to remove the pedestal and make the toilet flush with the floor. We live in an older mobile home and have recently been told by a plumber that this isn't possible without spending quite a bit of money - which...

My water got shut off and now the pipes make noise when I flush the toilet [ 1 Answers ]

I have a two story house with two bathrooms upstairs. Recently my water was shut off by the city. I didn't know that it had been done until I flushed the downstairs toilet two or three times. I paid my bill and got it turned back on. Every since I got it turned back on the pipes make a deep humming...

Why Might a Person Have to Hold Down the Handle on a Toilet to Make it Flush? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, All! The title is my basic question. Here it is, a little more elaborated. Why might a person have to hold down the handle on a toilet in order to make it flush all the way? It's a basement toilet that isn't used all that much. I replaced the flush mechanism about ten years ago. ...

View more questions Search