Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lin lin grace Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2012, 02:42 AM
    What will be the account affected by an adjusting entry to a merchandise inventory
    What account in the TRIAL BALANCE will be affected if there is an adjustment to the merchandise inventory, Ending Balance?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2012, 04:32 AM
    It depends what caused the adjustment, incorrect count, purchases not brought to account, sales not brought to account. Ultimately profit might be affected depending upon the type of accounting for inventory

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I make an adjusting entry to Merchandise Inventory, in order to prepare the Fi [ 2 Answers ]

At the end of March, adjustment data was entered: Merchandise Inventory March 31 196,139 The Inventory On March 1st was recorded @ 200700

Adjusting Merchandise Inventory on the Worksheet [ 2 Answers ]

The Merchandise Inventory has a debit balance of 255,673.84 The ending inventory is given and is 295,800.50 I assumed you had to debit the Merchandise Inventory account by the difference of the ending inventory and the merchandise inventory (40,126.66), but I don't know what account to credit...

Inventory Adjusting Entry [ 2 Answers ]

Using the Periodic Inventory method - the end of the period inventory count is 539,930. To adjust the entry do I Credit Inventory 539,930 Debit Income Summary 539,930?

View more questions Search