Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Xenfire Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2011, 10:59 AM
    Adjusting Merchandise Inventory on the Worksheet
    The Merchandise Inventory has a debit balance of 255,673.84
    The ending inventory is given and is 295,800.50

I assumed you had to debit the Merchandise Inventory account by the difference of the ending inventory and the merchandise inventory (40,126.66), but I don't know what account to credit in order to balance the adjustments column.
    meLay0828 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2011, 07:54 AM
    I think the you should debit the Merchandise Inventory, end with the amount given then credit Income Summary or Profit and Loss.

, that is what we usually do in our entries... :) I hope it helped.. :)
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2011, 08:17 AM

Credit Cost of Goods Sold

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Merchandise Inventory [ 1 Answers ]

To prepare ajusting entries and an adjusted trial balance, this information is given: The ending inventory of merchandise is counted and determined to have a cost of $12,700 - the company uses a perpetual inventory system. The unadjusted trial balance shows the following: Merchandise...

Merchandise inventory [ 0 Answers ]

Tb figures Merchandise inventory 27,050 Unearned sales revenue 4,000 Sales 263,770 Cost of goods sold 171,225 Adjustment data Unearned sales revenue of $975 is still unearned at December 31, 2011 On the sales that were unearned cost of goods were $2,000 A physical count of...

Merchandise Inventory [ 1 Answers ]

True Or False? The ending merchadise inventory for 2005 is the same as the beginning merchandise inventory for 2006..

Periodic inventory worksheet-Merchandise Inventory [ 1 Answers ]

I can't figure out what I am missing under a periodic inventory. My beginning merchadise inventory as of jan 1 is 20,000. Merchandise inventory at Jan 31st is 15000. How do I record on the worksheet the diffrence between the beginning and ending merchandise inventory. Do I have to add an...

View more questions Search