Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dodrugsplease Posts: 5, Reputation: -2

May 2, 2007, 10:52 AM
    My friend is going to kill himself today
    Well my friend is going to shoot himself in the head today. I've known him my whole life and I feel somewhat responsible. Last week I purchased a .22cal rifle for him because he said he wanted it for hunting but I knew what he really wanted it for so I did it anyway knowing I would expect the same from him. He is in a dark place and nothing will change his mind about killing himself. He called me last night and told me not to come over to his apartment or send anybody or he will shoot them.. he said he's writing something and finishing some final things and then he goes on to say he is going to shoot himself in the head at a specific time which I won't disclose. He said if I call the cops more people than just him will die. He told me he loved me as a brother and that I was the only person he could truly trust in this world.. then he said farewell my friend I love you in life and in death...

Good bye.. I love you too I said through tears
    But he had already hung up the phone..

I don't know what to do. I know I volunteeringly bought him a shotgun knowing his intentions but if I hadn't he would have just found a more gruesome and painful way of doing it such as hanging or cutting wrists so it was out of compassion for my friend that I did what I did and honestly I would do it again.

I tried for years to get him back to his old self but things have happened to the great man that none of your could ever begin to understand. His suffering was immense and it was torture for me to see him in such a dark depressed place.

Well I don't know I guess I'm looking for insight as my friends time on this earth is nearly at an end, and I will weep long and hard for him and at least tell some of his story so people know.

Good day to you by the way I'm 19yrs old.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2007, 10:56 AM
    Get Someone To His Apartment Now!! He Is Calling For Help In An Indirect Way!!

May 2, 2007, 10:59 AM
    Ill go over there myself maybe

Hope I don't die
    I WILL NOT GET POLICE INVOLVED PERIOD
    I know a lot more about this person than any of you he is like a brother to me I know his thoughts and how his mind works and calling the police would be betrayal to him and myself... brotherhood is stronger than life and death I just want him to not hurt anymore
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 2, 2007, 11:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dodrugsplease
    ill go over there myself maybe

hope i dont die
    i WILL NOT GET POLICE INVOLVED PERIOD
    i know alot more about this person than any of you he is like a brother to me i know his thoughts and how his mind works and calling the police would be betrayal to him and myself ... brotherhood is stronger than life and death i just want him to not hurt anymore

Letting someone die is the betrayal. Getting them help even if it means they will hate you and feel betrayed is being a true friend. In addition, if his family can prove that you gave him the gun knowing what he was going to do, then YOU could be in very big trouble.

Do yourself and your friend a favor and get him help!!

May 2, 2007, 11:12 AM
    Well I guess I will go to jail then I don't care like I said this man has been through things that most people coudnt handle living with for even a day. I got him on the phone now so he is still alive but things are grim sounding, if he stays living he will be in hell everyday of his life , he can't escape it . I feel so bad for him truly..
    By the way its not like his family will care.. he has no family.. they died when he was a child he lived with his abusive uncle for two years and then on the street for another 3 years... u know nothing of his expiriences and how he came about his ultimate conclusions.
    That's the tip of the iceberg for my young attractive 24 yr old friends life.
    It only get worse as it gets deeper

He said I can come over and talk with him for awhile I think I will see what happens..

Ill wait for a response or two before I take off
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 2, 2007, 11:14 AM
    Why did you select the name "Do drugs please"?
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2007, 11:14 AM
    Call the police, they won't throw him in jail for trying to take his life, they'll take him somewhere he can get help with his issues, if you think you can get him to check himself in somewhere then go over there yourself. There really aren't a whole lot of options.

May 2, 2007, 11:15 AM
    Because drugs get me through the day. What does that have to do with anything?

Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2007, 11:17 AM
    Why haven't you gone over to help and are still online?

May 2, 2007, 11:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowtax4eva
    Call the police, they wont throw him in jail for trying to take his life, they'll take him somewhere he can get help with his issues, if you think you can get him to check himself in somewhere then go over there yourself. there really arent a whole lot of options.
    U don't seem to understand stupid.

There is nowhere on the planet that can help him. Hes been through rehab mental health clinics therapists you name an institution and he's been there, and he has grown to hate these types of programs with a passion that burns in his soul.

I'm convinced he would rather die than return to one.

Well not much insight to be gained from this web site just the responses I should have expected.

Good bye you
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 2, 2007, 11:18 AM
    Emland,
    Could be yet another troll.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2007, 11:21 AM
    Please help your friend! Go to his apartment and help him! I would risk my life for one of my friends and I think anyone elso would! Bring him some drugs... do something! If he does not take his life then I advise that both of you need some help! LIVE DRUG FREE I promise that will make you higher than any kite!
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2007, 11:25 AM
    I am not exactly sure what answers he was looking for. But, I think all the answers that were given were right on.

Hopefully nothing happened to this guy.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 2, 2007, 11:31 AM
    My first reaction to this was that we have a troll. Someone just looking to get a perverse charge out of pretending a situation like this. I believe that is still the most likely explanation, especially given the responses.

However, I replied initially the way I did in the chance that this was a true cry for help. But it doesn't appear to be. No matter how many cogent and caring arguments we make, the answer will be that we cannot know the hell this person is going through. That he has already tried everything.

I'll admit I don't know what he's going through. Or what you have gone through. But I do know that there has to be an answer other than drugs and/or suicide. I do know that a caring friend would not assist or allow a friend to commit suicide just because they are having trouble coping with life.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2007, 02:09 PM
    Dodrugsplease, if you would tell me where he is in a private message you wouldn't be the one to have to do anything about it. I will, Give me the info and please do it right now. If you don't want to die then do you really think it is time to let your friend cut his life short?
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2007, 09:20 PM
    So did he kill himself?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 2, 2007, 10:49 PM
    Probably got some bad dope.
    sassypea Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

May 3, 2007, 08:17 AM
    Yeah, so is he dead?
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

May 3, 2007, 08:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Probably got some bad dope.

Haha. Most likley!
    brazygirl08 Posts: 74, Reputation: 9

May 3, 2007, 09:09 AM
    If he was really your friend you would go over and stop him, call the police (unless this is a sick joke). If you let him kill himself then basically you have killed him. How old is he? You bought him a gun? Is it in your name? If so you could even be possibly convicted of the crime. GO TO SOMEONE, his parents? I mean do you really want him dead on your account? Can you live with killing someone?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do not Murder vs Do not kill. [ 11 Answers ]

I was asked recently about Exodus 20:13 at another forum and promised to consider the matter here in order to keep the other thread on topic. Why is one preferable to the other and is it OK to translate the word involved as murder? I looked up the word in the Hebrew lexicon and it turns out that...

My best friend Died 2 years ago today my girlfriend don't understan [ 7 Answers ]

My best friend Died 2 years ago today and my GF just don’t understand. She was my best this is really confusing and I hope you can understand this all my best friend died two years ago in trouble car accident and well the thing is I never met her. I know that sounds messed up but it’s the truth....

If Looks Could Kill [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of this movie with Richard Grieco on DVD? On mailorder if possible. Thanks :)

My dog snapped at my friend today! What do I do? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys, My husband and I adopted a sweet Husky/German Shepherd mix from the SPCA about a year and a half ago. We know nothing about her background, except that she was housetrained and knew how to sit and shake. She also heeled like a sled dog, dragging me down the road for a while! Most...

To Kill A Mockingbird [ 1 Answers ]

As groups, I've been assigned to do a themes wrap up timeline, our group has everything under control and complete, except there is one thing we're stumped on and would appreciate any help with. The final part to the assignment, is to find a Visual representation that comments on Morality and the...

View more questions Search