Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kinnes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2010, 05:51 PM
    I have low hot water press. In my shower and sink faucet in the same bathroom.
    Have low hot water pressure in my shower and sink faucets in the same bathroom. No problem with the hot water pressure in the other parts of the house. What could be the possible cause? Please help...
    jazzas Posts: 38, Reputation: -3

Jan 4, 2013, 01:30 PM
    Hi it could be a few things ,pipes tosmall,limescale ,stop tap not fully open,instant water boilers can be slow filling of bath? or even air in pipe, gl
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 4, 2013, 05:50 PM
    Hi Kinnes

Let's start with the basics, OK?

What kind of pipes do you have? Copper, galvanized metal (silver), Plastic... let me know?

Is this a new or old issue?

What floor is the bathroom on... 1st or 2nd?

If the bath is on the first floor check to see if you have a hot water shutoff in the basement that is dedicated to this bathroom. If there is a hot water shutoff there may be some sediment caught up in it, or it may not be fully opened, right? Check back with me in this case.

Otherwise, you may need to disassemble the valves and purge them to clear of any sediment/debris that may be getting caught up in the faucet/valve.

The shutoff under the sink should also be checked to be sure it is fully opened or clogged with sediment/debris.

Answer my questions and let me know what you think, OK?

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low hot water pressure in bathroom sink [ 8 Answers ]

The hot water in the bathroom has very low pressure for about a week now. The shower and kitchen sink are fine. Any ideas?

No hot water pressure in bathroom sink faucet [ 1 Answers ]

I have no hot water pressure in bathroom sink faucet. All other faucets in house are fine and this problem only started 2-3 months ago. Faucet is only about 1 year old. Cold is fine also.

Low hot water pressure in kitchen sink faucet [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, We have a problem with low hot water pressure on our kitchen sink. We have replaced the faucet and it still is happening. We have checked the piping just under the sink for blockage but was none. We have galvanized pipes in our older home. What is our next move. The line has 3 shut off...

No hot water in the shower /sink in bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

I vetwo bathrooms server served by the same hot water tank from the attic. The master bed room bathroom doesn't get hot water in the sink or shower. Any clues ?

View more questions Search