Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Luv_My_Reece Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2006, 07:31 PM
    Should I tell the father?
    Okay, well I've asked questions here before, but now I know for sure that I am pregnant and I'm 17, soon to be a senior in high school. The father doesn't know about the baby because he was abusive both physically and mentally. I have been told that I don't legally have to tell the father but I'm wondering if I should. Before I was sure when I mentioned that I may be pregnant the father told me he would "do anything necessary to get rid of it" if I was. His parents also told me they didn't care. I want my child to be safe and happy, I'm just afraid he'll hate me later on if I don't give his "dad" another chance. I am engaged to a great man with an 11 month old child who is overjoyed to have this baby be his son. I don't know how the father would react. He's been in and out of counceling and institutions and has tried to kill himself and severely injured me before (I've been in the hospital 3 times because of him) Should I tell him or not?:(
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 16, 2006, 08:22 PM
    Just going along with what you have said, while I normally believe the father should know, if he is physcially and mentally abusive, ( did not say his age at least in this post) I would wait for a while anyway, but at some point the child will want to know who his father is ( every child who is not raised by the birth father wants to know)

So my vote don't tell him at least for some time.
    educatedhorse_2005 Posts: 500, Reputation: 78

Aug 16, 2006, 09:28 PM
    Can you avoid the man until after the baby born.
    If so do then you don't have to worry about him doing anything to harm you or the baby.
    If not then I would suggest you get a restraining order.
    If what you say is true there is more then enough evidence to justify one.
    Keep it a secret as long as possible.
    Get married to your new fiancée and live a good life.

Good Luck

Horse
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2006, 11:15 PM
    Your best bet is do not tell the father. Do not say a word. This is for your protection, the babies protection. So I think it is in the baby's best interests that you do not reveal this.

Joe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

He's not my father [ 11 Answers ]

At the beginning of the year, I found out that my Dad is not my father. I am 42 years old and am the 5th children to my parents. My older brother told me that my Dad confessed this to him after his stroke. I have suspected for several years that I wasn't his child after my mother told me about...

Bad father... what do I do?who will help me? [ 2 Answers ]

I am very new to this. I do not know if this will help but I will give it a shot. I feel that I need to speak to the world about my problems and receive help. The relation between my father and I is very distant. Although we live in the same house, we don't seem to communicate well. I only...

Who is most likely the father? [ 25 Answers ]

I was separated from my husband and in an early relationship with someone else. Well I was and am still in love with my husband and we slept together a couple of days and I am now pregnant. The problem is I also kind of slept with my boyfriend the next day. It was for about 10 minutes there was no...

Father passed [ 9 Answers ]

My father passed this life on Jan 2, I was with him at his passing. He went down hill quickly since Thanksgiving. At that time he could still walk across the floor, but Christmas he was confined to his bed. His passing was peaceful in his sleep. He will truly be missed.

View more questions Search