Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chitty Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2009, 08:45 PM
    Child support back payments
    Is it possible for child support to collect backpayments for payees after having the payer reviewed and if so, what is the legitimate amount of time to be back dated??
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2009, 09:05 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by having the payer reviewed. It can take a long time to collect back support. Has the payor been making any kind of payments at all? How long has it been since the last payment?
    chitty Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2009, 12:15 AM

Yes but payee saying that earning more than tax assessment and having a review
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2009, 08:05 AM

Where are you located? Is there current support or just back support?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2009, 08:10 AM
    Child support arrears can be collected at any time. In most jurisdictions there is no statute of limitations for back child support.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When can child support payments [ 3 Answers ]

When does Child Support stop - is this when the child leaves school at sixteen and gets a job, or does Child Support carry on until the child is 18 ?

Child support payments [ 1 Answers ]

I was ordered to pay $50 a month for child support that I simply can not afford.if I pay $20 a month for now can I get introuble for not paying the whole $50.will they see that I'm trying to make an effort with what I have to work with?

Child Support Payments [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I have a question on child support payments. My boyfriend had a son with his ex-wife in the state of Texas. She has now remarried and has not allowed him to see his son for the past several years, stating that his son was getting confused having two dads. And for the sake of his son's...

Lien placed on bank account for back child support payments [ 2 Answers ]

How do I go about removing a lien placed on a bank account for back child support?

View more questions Search