Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    giurgin80 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2008, 02:07 PM
    Child support payments
    I was ordered to pay $50 a month for child support that I simply can not afford.if I pay $20 a month for now can I get introuble for not paying the whole $50.will they see that I'm trying to make an effort with what I have to work with?
    kangabitt Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Jun 12, 2008, 02:13 PM
    Sure they'll see that you made an effort. However you still owe.

$50 a month is incredibly cheap. Pay the parent of your child.

If however, disability or dismemberment leaves you unable to scrape up that $12.50 a week, go back to family court and ask that the order be amended.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support Payments [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I have a question on child support payments. My boyfriend had a son with his ex-wife in the state of Texas. She has now remarried and has not allowed him to see his son for the past several years, stating that his son was getting confused having two dads. And for the sake of his son's...

No child support payments [ 6 Answers ]

Here is a short version of my problem. I got pregnant, then I got married, husband beat me and cheated on me, got divorced in Ohio. Well the lawyer said that since I was pregnant when I was married and when I was filling for divorce that My Ex husband was automatically the father. I gave birth at...

When do child support payments stop? [ 5 Answers ]

Both I and my son reside in Florida. I pay child support through court ordered payroll deduction. My son turned 18 earlier this month. He is still currently living at home with his mother. He is employed and plans on attending community college this fall.Can I petition the court to stop support...

Future Child Support Payments [ 1 Answers ]

Three years ago during my divorce proceedings my now ex-husband was ordered to pay spousal maintenance for 5 years and child support until children are 18. He paid on time for the first two years but a little over a year ago he stopped making payments. At the time of our divorce he had a very...

View more questions Search