Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sam1590 Posts: 4, Reputation: -2

Feb 10, 2010, 11:02 AM
    what does it mean when boyfriend says were moving to fast?
    my boyfriend and I have only been together a month were both 18 and still in high school. I grew up in a disfunctional house hold parents hate each other refuse to divorce because I'm still around (my sisters are 10 and 11 years older then me) the finally did divorce when I was 16 actually on my birthday. My boyfriends parents are much the same... parents were never married they split his mom remarried and is now getting a divorce from her current husband. He dated honestly crazy girls in the past and was even a victum of an internet "FAKE" for eight months which changed him and the way he handels relationships drastically. When we meet I instantly liked him but I didn't really start talking to him until November of 2009 we became a couple in January and I've meet his entire family. I did not ask to meet them. He asked me to and I abliged because I felt it would be rude since his mother also asked me to attend. I hit it off with his family instantly and he constantly tells me how much he loves that his family loves me so much. He's very affectionate and we haden't had any arguments until this past weekend. He spent all of Friday and Saturday with his friends and Sunday with me and them. So I wanted to spend some alone time with him on Monday. Now my father and I share a truck and he hadent told me he was going to need it on Monday until that morning so I rushed over to pick up my boyfriend because I had to be back home with the truck at 2:00 my boyfriend was confused about why I was there at a time that he considered early 12pm even though I had said I would be there around 12-1 so instead of coming with me he insisted on staying because his friend and him were doing something. So I waited 1 hour and 45 minutes until he finally left with me. I then told him that he couldn't come in to my house until my father left (very old school traditional upbringing) when he finally came in about 10 minutes after I had dropped him off around the corner he was stone faced and angry. How upset he was got me very upset and I started crying... that's what I do whenever I have a strong emotion anger happiness agitation sadness all = me crying. After that I thought things got a little better he started touching me again and kissing me but the next day he told me we needed to talk about the past weekend. He said that he felt like we were moving to fast and that he was really angry about how Monday had gone... we got into a lengthy discussion. Not fight at all. About our relationship and he told me that he acts very differently around me in comparison to his friends and that it really bothers him. I say that its impossible for him to act completely himself with me like he does his friends because he's only known me a few months and we've only been dating for a month and he's known his friends his entire life. He ended the conversation by saying even though we talked for hours he still felt l;ike there was a big gap between us. I care about hi a lot but I am my own person and I think he feels like I'm getting too attatched to him.. I don't know what to do to take things back to the way they were
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 10, 2010, 12:03 PM

I think he is overwhelmed by your emotionalism, and single minded determinations. Guys get like that when they have never been around strong minded females.

He has his own issues and doesn't understand yours. That's normal for young people, and things will never go back to the way it was, and maybe your not that compatible for each other.

It takes time to adjust to the ways of another person when both are willing, so its rather tough now, and that's not a great sign.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moving Fast, maybe maybe not? [ 5 Answers ]

Okay, so about a month ago I made contact with this guy that I used to attend middle school with which was approximately ten years ago. I was just interested in seeing how he was doing and what not. Although, I did have a slight infatuation with him when we were in school, I liked him A LOT; but I...

Is my friend moving too fast? [ 3 Answers ]

My friend and his girlfriend are moving in with each other next month and they have only been seeing each other for 4 months. He says he is in love but at the age of 16 I have tried telling him that he is moving a bit too fast, but is he?

Moving too fast? [ 7 Answers ]

I've just gotten out of a relationship (about 3 weeks ago)with a guy that played some pretty big games with me, and now I'm beginning to actually "date" for the first time. I have only really had two boyfriends and they were both fairly serious relationships. I started dating my frist boyfriend...

Is this moving to fast? [ 1 Answers ]

I've been w/my boyfriend for a year in July. We live right across the street from each other. I have a 7 and 9 year old and he has a 7 year old. Our kids get along as if they are brothers and sister. Anyway, after a few months in our relationship, we would only stay the night with him when his son...

Am I moving too fast after a breakup? [ 40 Answers ]

Hey guys, I hope you can provide some advice for me here. I recently got out of a 6 month relationship with a girl. We had grown to be really good friends, and we had a lot in common, but things fell apart for us in the last month of our relationship, a lot of fighting, and that led to us not...

View more questions Search