Ask
    r shaikh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2007, 08:36 AM
    How to understand eyesight number
    What does this mean in terms of eyesight - CYL -R--2.25, L - -2.75
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Mar 16, 2008, 01:45 AM
    Cyl is the cylinder. If its minus it means you are nearsighted, if its plus you are farsighted.

R or OD means right eye, L or OS means left.

-2.25 is your prescription for your right eye.
    -2.75 is your prescription for your left eye.
    supriya _82 Posts: 241, Reputation: 24

Mar 19, 2008, 12:13 AM
    ChihuahuaMomma is right. A bit of extra info - the unit of the numbers is diopters (eg -2.25 diopters) Though not mentioned it is universally applicable.
    Also since you have Cylindical correction, the prescription should also mention the axis which is not mentioned on yours.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eyesight problems - flashing/sparkles [ 15 Answers ]

Hi, I don't know if anyone can help but here goes: Over the last few days I have been having problems with my eyesight, the best I can describe it is like the flashing pixels in a computer/tv - my whole sight is like this. It's not blurred in any way, nor is there any really bright flashing...

I don't understand her [ 6 Answers ]

hey :( yes i need help to understand her !!!! she tell me she loves me but she scared to hurt me :( but i love her and i want to be whit her and she tell me she wants too but she got a bf and i dunno what she gonna do so if anywone got advice it would help allot thanks:confused:

Trying to understand her. [ 4 Answers ]

I have been on and off with this girl for a couple months now. Before we met she broke up with a boyfriend and seems to still have some baggage from that. I have not been with her sexually in a couple of weeks because she made it clear that she wasn't ready to jump into a serious relationship yet...

I understand, but what do I do now? [ 18 Answers ]

Hi, sorry if this is a bit lengthy... Well, my girlfriend had just broken up with me after about 6 months. We fell in love with each other from almost day 1. We connected strongly on every level, we were both very attracted to each other physically, connected amazingly on an emotional level...

Hearing and eyesight question.. Please read [ 4 Answers ]

I have two sisters who have been deaf since birth. I am the middle child yet I was unaffected. They also are having a problem with their eye sight. Its like tunnel vision I think. As the years go by their side vision keeps shrinking. My older sister can't see anything that's not in front of her. I...

View more questions Search