Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karma82 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 04:49 PM
    Trying to understand her.
    I have been on and off with this girl for a couple months now. Before we met she broke up with a boyfriend and seems to still have some baggage from that. I have not been with her sexually in a couple of weeks because she made it clear that she wasn't ready to jump into a serious relationship yet and she knew that's where we were headed. I don't text her or call any more( trying to give her space) but we do run into each other quite often. We talk and are very friendly. She says things like, " your puppy is half mine" and "When you go on vacation I want to go to". She will sit down and eat my lunch and give me looks that make me think she wants me. We were in the middle of really getting serious till she put the brakes on. Do you guys think that she will come around? Right now I am just taking everything in and trying to get a read on her to see where she is at.
    diya Posts: 303, Reputation: 62

Apr 19, 2007, 04:54 PM
    Abide by what u're doing right now... don't rush into things or for that matter assuming could be harmful... the girl's been little apprehensive as she broke up recently... so be gentle, nice and courteious... she will come around and if she doesn't.. u will still have her as your friend till it all becomes clear from both ends... Give it time.. and patience is the key... Some girls like it little slow... they test waters before they plunge...
    Marcusstorm Posts: 35, Reputation: 2

Apr 19, 2007, 05:06 PM
    Well everyone always says that its hard to understand girls but that is a confusing situation for anyone. She may just be using her ex as an exuse because she is too scared to jump into any relationship, anytime. Maybe she's just not as ready as you are for that kind of commitment. Give her time, increase contact but don't pressure her into anything.. Goodluck
    richcali Posts: 22, Reputation: 5

Apr 19, 2007, 05:13 PM
    If it were me I think I would ask her if she just needs space yet wants to stay monogamous or does she want to see other people this should answer a lot for you. I would say that if she was in a bad relationship she may just need time to heal. She may want to be only with you but needs to not be locked down in a serious relationship until she heals.

HOWEVER

If she want to see other people then you may have a problem. There might be another that ranks high as you in her "guys I want to be with list" and wanting to go on your vacations and wanting half the pup may be signs you need to keep trying just don't smother her as she obviously needs some space. I would also say that if she is seeing some other then you need to be careful not to allow this to hurt you, stay strong and tell her that's fine you don't mind competition as you are sure she will make the right choice. Let her know you have confidence in her decision

If you are truly looking for a life partner taking time at this point will only make your relationship stronger and your choices more clear. Also keep in mind that a couple months is nothing compared to the rest of your life, take your time.

Hope it all turns out for you
    richcali
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 21, 2007, 08:20 AM
    She is smart enough to not rush into something she is not ready for at this time, so back off and continue with a happy life without her. The last thing she needs is pressure from you, before she has dealt with her own baggage and issues. Will she come around to you? Even she can't call it yet, but its not worth waiting on a maybe. Live your own life without her as nothing more than friends for now. Pursue your own interests elsewhere.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't understand her [ 6 Answers ]

hey :( yes i need help to understand her !!!! she tell me she loves me but she scared to hurt me :( but i love her and i want to be whit her and she tell me she wants too but she got a bf and i dunno what she gonna do so if anywone got advice it would help allot thanks:confused:

Trying to understand him [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: My husband of two yrs has a problem with internet chatting. It is not just the chatting it is the exchanging of photos and phone numbers. I consider this cheating and cannot take it any longer. Am I over reacting? Please advise!! :confused: :(

I don't understand? [ 21 Answers ]

:confused: Okay, so what is abusive? I mean on the Hallmark channel they always show it as like the guy or girl totally freaking out and smacking the other person. I have been in a relationship with my boyfriend for over a year and a half. He has been a complete gentlemen until the past month....

Don't understand my ex [ 4 Answers ]

In October 2006 I started seeing someone we got on so well and could chat to each other about anything. She is at uni and is studying dance and in her final year she was off uni ill with septic tonistilities and she sent me an email saying I am so stressed out I have been off uni ill and my mates...

Just don't understand [ 2 Answers ]

I am an independent 22 yr old male college student who goes to school full-time. I also work two jobs and between them make over $20,000/yr. I have done this for the last year and a half. Now my question is, even though I have have extra money taken out of every paycheck, my state and federal...

View more questions Search