Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tman1974 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2007, 09:59 AM
    Custody 1 year on 1year off
    Any thoughts on how that might affect a child going from year to year to different schools, he's 9 years old lives with me in Manitoba. His mom moved to ontario with her hubby (military) andIve always had him live with me now she wants to flip flop years?? I don't like it personally... For him his friends and adjusting?? ANYONE plus I'll miss him.. and him me
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Jul 31, 2007, 10:03 AM
    I think you need to try and make other arrangements... like you keep him for the school year and then she gets him during the school breaks.. she needs to realize flipping schools like that is not good for him socially or academically.
    p_rich91 Posts: 40, Reputation: 10

Aug 6, 2007, 01:36 PM
    That's the worst thing I've ever heard. My parents divorced when I was 14 and the only thing that kept me going were my friends and school. If I had to change every year I would have died. Tell her that school is one of the only constant things left in your son's life and to take that away will be very bad for him. He shouldn't have to pay for his parents' decision to get divorced. She's trying to use him to get to you or something but you can't use him as a weapon against each other. If she's determined to have him live with her part time, please try to have one of you move so he can go to the same school. He needs some stability during this very difficult time.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 01:42 PM
    I would absolutely not agree to that, nor will any judge I'm sure. That's an absurd thing for her to even bring up!
    momo2lilgls Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Aug 6, 2007, 01:47 PM
    Imagine the affects it will have on the child. One week on and one week off is hard enough on a child. Just when a child gets used to new friends one year then they have to adjust to new ones the next. Totally not emotionally acceptable in my eyes.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 01:48 PM
    You need to get a lawyer involved. This is not a good solution.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to get custody of my 5 year-old Niece [ 4 Answers ]

I have a niece (my brother's child). She lives in Miami with her mother and my brother lives in Boston (moved there 7 months ago). I pick my niece up at least twice a month and I keep her for the weekend. Is not that my brother is unfit, he just doesn't have the brains to care for a child. He...

Custody of my 11 year old sister [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. My name is Jennifer. I am 24 years old. I have been married for 5 years and have two sons. I am a full-time student majoring is Accounting and my husband and I own our own business. My mom passed away 6 years ago, when my little sister was 6 years old. Since my mom passed away, I have...

No periods in nearly 1year but. [ 14 Answers ]

Hello I have a 11 1/2 month old baby and only had 2 periods since I had her, I went straight back on birth control after I had her and come off after 2 months as me and ny partner wanted to try for baby number 2! Ever since coming off the pill I haven't had a period. We have been to the doctors on...

How to go about retaining temporary custody of my four year old niece. [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am A 30 year old married mother of three wonderful if not fun children. My sister has A beautiful ,sweet and very talkative four year old. For the last two years I have seen my beautiful 22 year old sister destroy her life with drugs. It started with her drinking A whole heck of A lot and...

I need to sign over custody of me to a 19 year old, how would I do that? [ 2 Answers ]

My father is willing to sign over the custody over me to a 19 year old who wants to "adopt" me. I am 17 and I live in Colorado. Please help me I need to know asap. If this is possible... how would I go about this?

View more questions Search