Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beebs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2011, 04:59 PM
    Dash board dead... no lights have to drive to school in dark long stip of road
    My dash board odometer radoi clock ets all dead.. dark no l;ight.. have cheched the wire,the fuses and the othe... have been told it is the clock need an old less then 96000 ml clock or.. maybe it is the multiplex control unit... the dealer wants $500.00 to fix the lights... what is going on here... this problem has been recalled by honda in 2004... please somebody help... I need to go to school and be safe... bee
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2011, 05:37 PM
    Here's what I would try, prior to taking it to the dealer:

. Carefully test all under dash and under hood fuses with a test light or multimeter. Visual examination is not good enough, plus you run the risk of replacing fuses in the wrong slots.

. Replace the ignition switch and harness:

1. Disconnect negative battery cable.

2. Remove dashboard lower cover and knee bolster.

3. Disconnect the 5-pin connector from the under dash fuse box and the 7-pin connector from the main wiring harness.

4. Remove steering column covers.

5. Insert key and turn it to "0".

6. Remove two screws from switch and replace.

This is an easy job that you should be able to do yourself.
    beebs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2011, 06:25 PM
    What did grease monkey think of the dealer, and the 2 mechanics
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2011, 07:17 PM
    If you know it's not fuse or ignition switch related, I'd take it to Honda. If Honda knows it's recall related, they should fix it for you. I'd trust Honda.
    timetofly48316 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2011, 01:00 PM
    What model 2004 Honda is it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No tail lights no brake lights or dash lights on a 1994 mazda b3000 [ 6 Answers ]

I own a 1994 mazda b3000 and was driving along when the dash lights went out then when I got pulled over come to find out the tail lights and brake lights don't work as well I noticed thogh the abs light flash's 12 times then pauses for a second then flash's again 12 times and so on all the fuses...

Tail lights/ Dash lights/ gear lights out in 96' infiniti G20 [ 0 Answers ]

I checked and both the fuses and blubs are fine, brake light and head lights work

My tail lights and dash lights quit working after I installed a new stereo. [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a new stereo in my 97 dodge ram... and my tail lights and dash lights quit working about the same time.. not sure if they have anything to do with it.. fuses are good

Tail lights and dash light not working but brake lights are and fuses are good [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 1973 chevy impala custom n my tail light and dash lights are not working and my fuses and bulbs are good

View more questions Search