Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jhaldemann Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2011, 07:18 AM
    John Deere L110 riding mower keeps dying
    My John Deere L110 with Kohler 17.5 motor keeps dying. It has run great until this year. Starting about 3 weeks ago it will start and run for a minute or two and then die like it's not getting gas. I pull it out of that garage and get about 50 to 100 feet and it dies. It starts right up again with choke, will run another 50-100 feet and dies again. I took apart the fuel pump last weekend and made sure there was nothing wrong with it. Aftter that I got 45 minutes of mowing out of it. Then it started the same routine again 100 feet of running and then dead. When it dies it sounds like it's running out of gas. Has anyone heard about anything like this?
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2011, 08:57 PM

Could be fuel cap not venting.
    I do remember Deere having a problem with there fuel lines pinching together where it goes between the frame and the fender deck .could be debri in carburetor , check your fuel filter also.
    Luck
    demar9137 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2011, 10:54 AM
    Yes, I had the same thing happen. The gas tank has a hose inside that runs to the bottom of the tank. It starts slipping off and the hose sucks against the bottom of the tank preventing gas flow. Then it fell off completely. There is no easy way to get it back on because it is too far away from the gas cap opening. I ran the gas line from the fuel pump to a plastic gallon can strapped to the floor board until I can figure out a permanent fix.
    Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John deere l110 mower [ 0 Answers ]

John Deere L110 gas flow problem. The won't start this year. It cranks fine. I checked the inline fuel filter and it is completely dry. I disconected the in line gas line. The tube is also dry. There is gas in the tank. It is gas left from last fall. I didn't get in help from the manual. ...

John Deere L110 riding mower keeps dying [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 4 year old John Deere L110 riding mower that dies when it hits a bump in the yard. Any little rocking motion and it just quits. Difficult to start after that happens. We've tapped on the carb bowl on the left side (when looking from the seat) and it seems to help. This small bowl has...

Removing wheel off John deere L110 riding Mower [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone please tell me the process to remove the rear wheel on my John deere riding mower. Itook off the clip but the wheel will not come off. Thanks very much.

How do I crank my L110 John Deere mower? [ 1 Answers ]

I bought my son-in-law's John Deere L110 when he hired a lawn service for his yard--but he can't find the operating manual. This mower operates differently from my previous lawn tractors--Troy Built and Craftsman. I can get the mower to crank but I don't know what to do to KEEP it cranked. Any...

John Deere L110 Riding Mower [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a John Deere L110 that I purchased used about 2 months ago. I have a snow blade attachment with it and was using it. I do not have the chains and weights for this yet. My problem is I was pushing the snow and my wheels kept spinning. So I got off the mower and pulled the mower...

View more questions Search