Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2009, 06:53 PM
    I Was Wondering What Would Be A Good Excuse.
    When people start to ask you questions like "why are you so light now?", "what are you using on your skin to look so fair?", "are you bleaching your skin?", etc..

What excuses would you use that you find to be a plausible answer without really spilling the beans? :p
    doloress Posts: 24, Reputation: 8

Aug 31, 2009, 06:58 PM

I tell them I have been doing peels in spa to get back to the skin I had when I was a baby as it looked healthier. I know it sounds stupid but that the only thing I came up with when I was asked.
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2009, 07:10 PM
    That's a good idea! Did they react strange when you said you were getting back to the skin that you had when you were a baby or ask why lighten?
    fairr Posts: 285, Reputation: 6

Sep 1, 2009, 01:48 AM

Just say you haven't been in the sun a lot or you've been drinking a lot of water and its made your skin look so much brighter and healtier :p
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2009, 06:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fairr View Post
    just say you havent been in the sun alot or you've been drinking alot of water and its made your skin look so much brighter and healtier :p
    Lol... I tried that line a couple of times but it didn't work. They were like, "Uh, no that's not it...you must be putting something else on your skin".
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2009, 06:18 PM
    Maybe I should just move way up north somewhere and say it's the cool weather and little sun!
    weezing Posts: 174, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2009, 03:00 AM

Ummmmmn I told my co workers and friends I put peroxide on my face to lighten acne scars and they believed but they also said I was stupid for doing it lol. I just ignored my family though. My face and neck was sooooo light to the piont I was unrecognizable! A family friend for years didn't even know who I was and he's been a family friend since before I was born he had to get up super close to tell who I was lol my co workers would come up to me and say you look so different I can't put my ginger on it wait wait you look lighter! Lol and they would say things like I forgot what you use to look like. If only bio claire was a safe product..
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2009, 05:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by weezing View Post
    Ummmmmn I told my co workers and friends I put peroxide on my face to lighten acne scars and they believed but they also said I was stupid for doing it lol. I just ignored my family though. My face and neck was sooooo light to the piont I was unrecognizable! A family friend for years didn't even know who I was and he's been a family friend since before I was born he had to get up super close to tell who I was lol my co workers would come up to me and say you look so different I can't put my ginger on it wait wait you look lighter! Lol and they would say things like I forgot what you use to look like. If only bio claire was a safe product..
    Lol... how many shades did the bio claire make you? I used to use bio claire too, if it was only safe...
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

Sep 3, 2009, 01:48 PM

Golden girl... I'm not kidding.. people are sometimes silly when they refuse to believe htat lifestyle can lighten you significantly...

There was a time at age 18 when I stayed in a hostel, used to bunk college everyday and work in a call center almost everyday... as the shifts were always at night in super cool airconditioning and heavy lighting in the center, I used to rush back to my room in the hostel wihtout realising I wasn't really doing much, drink a glass of milk and wake up late at night again to have my meal and once again rush to work...

I never realised it till my mother one day told me when I got back that I had become as light as I was as a young kid... perhaps I didn't realise because people outside always saw me as a lighter guy anyway.. in asian terms I mean... and no one ever commented... when she said this I actually took notice of how light even my forearms which usually get so tanned because of playing and sun... had gotten... compliments used to adorn me galore... and then when I left the center and thought that's my colour forever, I started going out in the sun playing cricket , tennis and swimming... and presto... my colour started to go a few shades darker again like I started before the call center...

And I didn't use a single thing at that point... well I did use retin a for acne at 16 but at 18 nothing...

So I know for sure that it helps with your lifestyle.. because in those eight months I practically got NO SUN ! Just milk and fresh fruit juices !
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2009, 07:21 PM
    Maybe if I never went in the sun since the day I was born, but I'm much darker now. Imgorgeous what was your complexion before you started to lighten? If I go back indoors and refused light for 2 years, drank lots of milk (which I don't drink, I drink soymilk) and fruit juices, the lightest I would get now would be less than half a shade, if any. That only works depending on the tone you already have.
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Sep 4, 2009, 08:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    When people start to ask you questions like "why are you so light now?", "what are you using on your skin to look so fair?", "are you bleaching your skin?", etc..

What excuses would you use that you find to be a plausible answer without really spilling the beans? :p

It's a real shame that we have to make up excuses in the first place. You should be able to do what you please without interrogation, unless someone genuinely wants to know so they can try it themselves.
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2009, 08:39 PM
    I feel I shouldn't have to make up excuses, and feel a bit bad when I do. But, people want to bash me for it and put me down because of it, looking at me as though I committed a murder and rolling their eyes. Yet, they put perm in their hair, so if they choose to openly attack me I'll just retaliate on their choices. So, now I rather say something that I am actually doing, but it doesn't really give me dramatic lightening, and so I leave some information out on what really gives me results.

I did mention to my mom and younger brother of the products that I was using, because they wanted to use some too. For people who want lighter complexion I'll go out of my way to assist, but other than that I keep silent and let them be confused. So, I helped purchase it for them (my mom & bro). But, people who want to judge and ridicule and attack me, I think to myself well it's none of their business because they are not telling me their business either.
    Klaas Posts: 58, Reputation: -1

Sep 5, 2009, 06:45 AM
    Hey Golden what products are you using now?

Sep 5, 2009, 07:06 AM

Golden if you wish to see my pics... let me know... it could give you an idea of my colour...

OFFLINE SOLICITATION REQUEST REMOVED
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Sep 5, 2009, 07:17 AM
    A couple years ago when I was using the Hollywood Secret Products cream, this place I was employed, they sent a white co-worker to ask me if I was bleaching my skin! :eek: Can you believe that?

Gossiping about me in the breakroom:mad:
    "they said you looked lighter and thought you were bleaching your skin".
    I played dumb like oh really? Wow. See I let her do most of the talking and just looked at her, I didn't say much at all. That's how you do it.

I worked there a couple of years using skin lightening products on and off, one time I got a double take, one guy said "you look different, but I can't put my finger on it, another co-worker I have not seen in a while walked past me and said something about " whoa! Got light skinned" I didn't hear all of the what she said but I heard the words light skinned and another one saw me with a bottle of water in my hands and said he could tell I've been drinking a lot of water cause my skin was clear.

Look at LiL Kim!

You mean to tell me no one said anything to her? Maybe her handlers didn't cause they wanted to keep their jobs but you know others close to her have noticed. Probably just excepted it, she is after all in the entertainment business. She's not the only one, seems like when it comes to black celebrities the bigger they get, the more successful they are, the lighter they become. Ive seen this time and time again.

But you can say you've been giving yourself facials, wearing sunblock cause you don't want to get skin cancer, trying a new makeup line or just act like you didn't notice your skin was getting lighter. The ones who are way nosy probably want to do try it themselves.

If my mother, sister or cousin noticed I was lighter they'd want to know what I was using because they are doing it too. One time when I stopped lightening for a while my mother asked me "why don't you use your cream for your face?" Thanks mom:rolleyes:
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2009, 08:04 PM
    Klaas right now I'm using a Skin Whitening Super Kit that was sold on Amazon made from Mediderm Rx. So far no luck.

I wonder what Lil' Kim used to get so light? Nikkicute can you tell me more about the Hollywood Secret Products cream, what are the ingredients, and where did you buy? I agree, the ones who are being too nosy probably do want to try it themselves.
    fairr Posts: 285, Reputation: 6

Sep 6, 2009, 01:45 AM

Yes, also could you tell us the shades you went from and too and in how long?

Sep 6, 2009, 05:23 AM

HOLLYWOOD SECRETS cream??

Lollllllllllllllllllll

No offense... but this sounds like another big SHAM of a product...

I mean doesn't the name itself speak about the desperation of the company to SHINE ?

And the desperation of us lighteners to get light is drawing us into such crap !
    BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

Sep 6, 2009, 07:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fairr View Post
    just say you havent been in the sun alot or you've been drinking alot of water and its made your skin look so much brighter and healtier :p
    Fairr. I tried to send you my pics but your inbox is too full. :( message me when it clears out.
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Sep 6, 2009, 08:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    Klaas right now I'm using a Skin Whitening Super Kit that was sold on Amazon made from Mediderm Rx. So far no luck.

I wonder what Lil' Kim used to get so light? Nikkicute can you tell me more about the Hollywood Secret Products cream, what are the ingredients, and where did you buy? I agree, the ones who are being too nosy probably do want to try it themselves.
    Oh wow that cream is old news! From way way back like 1999/2000.
    That's the first time I saw the cream on my friends computer.
    When I got my computer a couple years later I remembered the cream and looked them up, their website was gone and then I saw a lightening group talking about the product. That's when I joined my first skin lightening group, the yahoobrighterskin, that was December 2003.

That was the first lightening group I have ever seen, it was nice and weird at the same time because it was the first time meeting and talking to other people who wanted to lighten their skin. I could actually talk about it, thought I was the only one you know what I mean?

Hollywood Secret Products were a bit iffy, didn't answer their phone or e-mails most of the time. But when first seeing the cream on the net and these amazing before and after pictures I requested a brochure and received it a couple days later.

The prices were high so I called and asked a couple questions first and ordered a small jar to see what the cream was all about. I almost spilled the whole thing! When I opened the jar the cream was like a lotion, a very looose lotion. I started using it.

This is what I discovered when using a strong lightening cream, certain parts of the face lighten faster and one of them is the around the mouth (the other area's are lower eyes/uppercheeks area and right above the eyebrows.

Let me tell you something, I looked like a two toned fool!!! LOL!!! Around my mouth was 2 or 3 shades lighter than the rest of my face, like I was eating the stuff. Lol I grabbed some liquid make up at Wal-Mart, didn't even check to see if it matched or not, didn't care at this point, just wanted to cover up the fact that I was not paying attention to how my face was lightening.

It was a good cream but then one day they stopped making it and would get an attitude if someone were to call and ask about it. No one including myself wanted their new lemon lightening cream. Never heard of a lemon cream that lightened the skin.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mother's excuse-filled boyfriend [ 3 Answers ]

All right, this is going to probably be a long story so I would really appreciate it if you stick with it until the end! I will try not to make it confusing. My mother met a man online around January. He was originally from Ohio but had moved to Florida to work installing plumbing. When my mom...

I need an excuse [ 2 Answers ]

Wasn't sure whether to put in under this topic Anyway I've been trying to find somewhere to go out tonight and I've been complaining how boring my night will be if I don't do something, to someone. Now that person has asked me to go out to some really bad thing and I don't want to go. So how...

Long Distance Relationship Excuse [ 8 Answers ]

Ladies, this one is for you. Do women use "I'm involved with someone in a long distance relationship" as a way of letting a guy know that she's just not interested?

He says he doesn't trust me. Is this an excuse to break up? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello.. I'm a 27 year old female involved in a relationship that has me going out of my mind... We have lived on the same neighborhood all of our lives. He got married then divorced and went back to his parents. I got married at 22 but then got involved (while still married) with my divorced...

Good excuse for violating probation [ 2 Answers ]

I have missed the last 2 months of reporting for probation. Now I at my last appointment and I need a very good excuse as to why I haven't reported the past 2 months. Is there one?

View more questions Search