Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    polska Posts: 33, Reputation: 6

Aug 16, 2008, 05:55 PM
    Why am I so obsessed?
    I got dumped by the girl of my dreams in April. I completely scared her away. I was moving way too fast and she left. I became totally obsessed with her. Now the obsession is with me. I think about how I screwed it up and I torture my myself every day. I'm having such a hard time with the regret and it's put me into a bad depression. I have been seeing a therapist since May and it seems like it might be helping a little. But I still have a hard time dealing with what I did. I just can't get the "WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN" out of my mind. I still dream about her all of the time. I think about her all day.
    It's starting to really scare me. I know it sounds silly, but I feel like I lost my only true love and I will never love like that again. I have dated several women in the past and never have I felt like this after a breakup. I just feel like my ship came in and I sank it. Now I have left myself to tread water. Will this ever go away?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 16, 2008, 06:07 PM
    Yes, it will. You need to talk with Sneezy (ISneezeFunny). He will give you the straight dope on how to get past this. He did it with style and grace and even some wit.

Here's the thread (I told him there is a publishable book in there somewhere):

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...t=isneezefunny
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2008, 12:28 PM
    Continue with your therapy.

"WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN" is a fantasy... don't live in fantasy, struggle to live in the real world, with real people communicating with each other.

I know it isn't easy once you fixate on your fantasy, but for your own happiness and peace of mind, you have to fight the fantasizing.

Very best wishes to you, :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I think I got obsessed [ 17 Answers ]

My girlfriend broke up with me two weeks ago, after we were going out for four months, over a text message, and I think the main reason was because I got too involved in her life and she wanted to hang out with her friends more. I got upset when she started hanging out with them instead of me, and...

Obsessed with an ex [ 8 Answers ]

So I am totally obsessed with my ex. Not one hour goes by where I don't think about him. I want hangout with him everyday and never leave. I am so jealous... I don't want to picture him EVER with another girl, the thought makes me cringe every time. I am constantly wondering what he is doing and...

Obsessed with an ex [ 4 Answers ]

Okay so I think I'm totally obsessed with my ex! I find myself begging for him to take me back... how do I stop this? I kind of want to play his game and give that feeling like I'm just whatever about everything, but I don't want him to think that I don't want to be with him. One minute he will say...

Help! Am I obsessed? [ 60 Answers ]

I woke up today full of anxiety and just a general feeling of fear and I think its because I have a feeling that my boyfriend is cheating on me because he's been acting differently lately. He's not as interested in sex as he used to be and he doesn't seem to want to talk to me or be with me as...

Did he even like me? N am I obsessed? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, not so long ago I met this guy and we got on great. I mean I really liked him but never actually thought I was good enough for him. We went on our first date a week or so later after meeting which was a total cock up. The meal was great but I so badly messed it by not saying much and not...

View more questions Search