Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    uberhahn Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2007, 05:33 PM
    Carrier Furnace Motor Replacement?
    I have a carrier gas furnace model 58pav090. Recently the motor seized (shaft bearings were in poor shape/scored).

The original motor has 5 leads (wires). Y,R,Black, Blue, and White.

The AO furnace motor I ordered as a replacement only has 4 leads (Black, Red, Yellow, and Blue).

I connected the Yellow lead from the new motor to the Com (where the previous motor's White was connected).

Since I did this, the AC does not come on, though the blower motor works. The heat functions work as they should.

Is there a way to make the 4-lead motor work?

Thanks,
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2007, 06:15 PM
    The black,red and blue wires are your fan speeds, black for cooling red for heat the blue is not used. You should have a terminal on the right side of the board marked spare1 and spare2 that is the place for the unused blower speeds. The blower has nothing to do with the A/C not coming on. Check to make sure you did not pull the low voltage thermostat wire off a the Y terminal. You should have two low voltage wires at that point one from the thermostat and one from the A/C unit.
    foxwesty Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2008, 06:07 PM
    Check the fuse to your AC. The breaker could be tripped. The furnace will run but not you're a unit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier furnace blower motor won't turn off [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Carrier central air and furnace(furnace model 58GS050-3), it was built around November, 1985. It has carrier air conditioner indoor cooling coils box model 28AC030-911 laid on top of the furnace. Everything was working until one week ago. Now with the thermostat off and the fan set to...

Replacement Furnace Blower Motor [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have an older (~40 years, the original with the house) Coleman furnace. The blower motor (General Electric, 1/6 hp, 110 V, 60 Hz, 3.6 amps, PH 1, 1725 rpm) burnt out the other morning. I went to the local shop (RONA) to find a replacement and they didn't have the exact motor. Instead,...

Replacement furnace motor wiring question [ 2 Answers ]

I am replacing our existing furnace blower motor. The old motor had two speeds; the new one only has one speed. The old motor had 3 wires: black, white, and blue/white spiral. The new motor has two wires, both black but one has a raised ridge that I was told was the neutral or "white" wire. ...

Furnace Blower Motor replacement [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Comfortmaker furnace with General 90 controller. My blower motor stopped working and when I try to turn it on it gets hot, smells like something burning and no air. Capicator was tested and it is OK. Motor is driving excessive current and just heats up. HVAC technician quoted $700 to...

View more questions Search