Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    metalikhan Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2006, 10:38 AM
    Replacement furnace motor wiring question
    I am replacing our existing furnace blower motor. The old motor had two speeds; the new one only has one speed. The old motor had 3 wires: black, white, and blue/white spiral. The new motor has two wires, both black but one has a raised ridge that I was told was the neutral or "white" wire. What is the correct way to hook up the wires?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2006, 08:46 PM
    Do you have AC on this furnace. If you do it probably needed the two speed motor... give me an answer and I will try to help.
    metalikhan Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2006, 09:48 PM
    No AC, and it's never actually run on more than the one speed even though it is capable of two.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacement condenser fan motor wires are too short - now what? [ 2 Answers ]

The wires are about 10 inches too short. In normal wiring one would make a junction box and wire up extensions, but there is no place for a junction box inside the unit, of course. The original fan motor also used a flexible metal conduit, although the new fan wires appear to be overinsulated for...

Furnace blower motor wiring [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old furnace blower that I want to convert to a shop air clearner. I want the motor to operate from a normal 110 volt switch. My question is which wires do I connect to the switch? The motor is a 1/2 hp Emerson Model K55HXLGG3702 It has 6 wires - black, white, brown, blue, red, yellow

Minka aire as a replacement wiring question [ 7 Answers ]

My question relates to a minka aire ceiling fan that I just installed to replace another ceiling fan. The old fan had two switches on the wall that controlled the light and the fan. The new fan came with a transmitter switch that is supposed to control the fan and light. I removed the old...

Replacement motor for Trane air handler [ 1 Answers ]

The motor in one of my 35-year old Trane air handlers recently Blew. It looked quite old. I figured it would be easy to replace It just by matching the specs. Unfortunately the new Motor runs for 10-15 minutes, then it stops for 15 minutes, Then it starts again. I suspect the thermal...

Furnace Blower Motor replacement [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Comfortmaker furnace with General 90 controller. My blower motor stopped working and when I try to turn it on it gets hot, smells like something burning and no air. Capicator was tested and it is OK. Motor is driving excessive current and just heats up. HVAC technician quoted $700 to...

View more questions Search