Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iguana21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2010, 06:16 PM
    My 96 sportster just clicks when I try to start it. Battery is good.. any suggestions?
    My HD 96 Sportster won't start. The battery was checked, and is good, but all I get when I try to start it is a clicking sound. Any suggestions?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2010, 05:46 AM

See if voltage is making it out of Solenoid and to Starter. Verify a good ground.
    darthsinister Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2010, 05:05 PM

Bad ground or a bad starter solenoid

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore electric dryer won't start; timer clicks but drum doesn't start turning [ 2 Answers ]

I used an ohmeter to check start button, thermal fuse, timer, thermostats and they all check out OK. I'm afraid it's the motor and don't know how to get to it to test with ohmeter.

Battery Light Comes on 10 min after start Brand New Battery [ 9 Answers ]

1999 chrysler lhs 116500 miles brand new battery and altenator... battery light comes on about 10 minutes after starting car and driving. Brand new battery checks out fine lights flicker on and off sometimes and radio sometimes goes out for a second... now car will not start but electricity works...

Battery keeps dying, any suggestions? [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: I have a sears riding mower. My battery keep dying. I bought a new battery and it worked for a few times then died again. I have to start it with the battery charger now. I remove the negative terminal after each use so it can't be a short draining the battery correct? Maybe its...

Honda Civic 99 won't start good battery [ 1 Answers ]

Coming from vacation after 5 days my civic 99 DX won't start. When I try it cranks for while but no luck. So I took the battery to checker they told battery needs to replace. I changed the battery. Still no luck. Could anybody please suggest what I need to do next? I know very little about car...

View more questions Search