Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lastpath Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2008, 05:35 PM
    Pre-Trial Conference/Mediation tomorrow
    Tomorrow is the date of my Conference/Mediation in FL. I've been reading the forum here and others just trying to get an idea of what to be ready for tomorrow. At the time I'm unemployed with my wife supporting us. All the advice I get is to make sure you show up first of all. But I'm unclear of whether I should admit or dispute the debt right off the back. The debt was $2,766 when it was closed on 11/2004. On my credit report it states Arrow Finanical opened the account on 09/2004. I assume that's when they bought the account. Wouldn't the account have to be bought after it's closed is one question I have? It then shows I owe them $4,067 as of 03/2008. But the summons is for $2776.

The $2766 is something I owe and willing to setup a plan to pay once I start working again. One of the things I'm just confused with is should I admit to the debt then see about working a plan out. Or would disputing it be a better option and then try working out a plan? Thanks for any advice and I wish I had started looking into just a lot sooner.
    Lisak01 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2008, 03:47 AM
    Are you in court today Tuesday or Wednesday 9th
    lastpath Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2008, 03:50 AM
    I'm going to court today in about 2 hours
    Lisak01 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2008, 06:19 AM
    Please let meknow howit went I am going tomorrow.
    Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 8, 2008, 06:33 AM
    First, don't admit the debt until they show documentation that the debt is yours and that they have the right to collect it. If they can do that, then you can deal with a settlement offer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pre Trial Mediation for credit card debt [ 2 Answers ]

I had to return to SA as my Mom passed away in 2002 to sort out her estate.I was away for a while and tried to keep up all my payments, however I could not manage.My last payment on my Providian credit card was in July 2003. It's now 5 years later and I have a pre trial mediation dropped on my...

Pre-trial conference/mediation debt summons [ 2 Answers ]

I just received a summons for a pre-trial conference/mediation from Asset Acceptance. I have researched the "intent to defend" and how to respond to a summons. My debt agency that helped with paperwork between me and the creditors is going to offer a 650 settlement. The originial debt was for about...

Rights to a speedy trial and can they keep your legally obtained money until the trial? [ 5 Answers ]

15 months ago the APD(Albany Police Department in Oregon) served a search warrant at our home. We had just gotten a settlement from a major motorcycle wreck my other half was in and had cash in our home. We have documents to prove we had just gotten this money 6 days prior to the search warrant....

Court ordered Mediation vs Court Trial [ 4 Answers ]

Hello again, I'm going into a mediation next month concerning a past credit card debt that I am being sued for. I plan on using the SOL defense as the date of last activity falls past the statute date. Anyhow, I was wondering what the difference between a Court ordered mediation and a normal...

Work conference [ 11 Answers ]

My fiancé went to Milan on a 3 day work conference, there in all about 30 IT technicians for all our Europe. Anyway on the 2 nights he was there he was out drinking till 4am with one of the guys there, and my fiancé told me, that they started chatting to 2 foreign girls. My fiancé said he spoke...

View more questions Search