Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rjbattis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2009, 09:40 AM
    Bio Father's rights to married woman's child
    In the State of Texas, if a wife has an affair during the marriage and becomes pregnant from this man, does this man have any rights to the child even if the wife becomes reconciled to her husband and the husband wants to support the child?
    meena17 Posts: 5, Reputation: -4

Mar 25, 2009, 09:43 AM
    No no no... not unless the mother want to give the child to him.. if the mother wants the child she doesent have to... no
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2009, 10:01 AM

Time Limitation: Child Having Acknowledged or Adjudicated Father [Texas Family Code § 160.609]

(a) If a child has an acknowledged father, a signatory to the acknowledgment or denial of paternity may commence a proceeding seeking to rescind the acknowledgment or denial or to challenge the paternity of the child only within the time allowed under Section 160.307 or 160.308.

(b) If a child has an acknowledged father or an adjudicated father, an individual, other than the child, who is not a signatory to the acknowledgment or a party to the adjudication and who seeks an adjudication of paternity of the child must commence a proceeding not later than the fourth anniversary of the effective date of the acknowledgment or adjudication.

I could not find a specific statute granting or denying the right to challenge paternity, but since a time limit exists in order to do so, I venture to guess that I just missed it.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2009, 10:04 AM
    Wooops - here it is.

Rules for Adjudication of Paternity [Texas Family Code § 160.631]

(a) The court shall apply the rules stated in this section to adjudicate the paternity of a child.

(b) The paternity of a child having a presumed, acknowledged, or adjudicated father may be disproved only by admissible results of genetic testing excluding that man as the father of the child or identifying another man as the father of the child.

The husband is the presumed and acknowledged father in this case.

http://www.oag.state.tx.us/cs/attorn...ch11_paternity - everything you want to know. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father's Rights To His Child? [ 6 Answers ]

I just found out that I am pregnant with my ex-fiance's child. I am 20 and he is 24. I don't want him to have any rights to the baby. He is a terrible influence and is too immature to take care of a baby. Plus he lives with his mother and she throws horrific temper tantrums over nothing, so I...

Father's Rights To His Child? [ 1 Answers ]

I just found out that I am pregnant with my ex-fiance's child. I am 20 and he is 24. I don't want him to have any rights to the baby. He is a terrible influence and is too immature to take care of a baby. Plus he lives with his mother and she throws horrific temper tantrums over nothing, so I...

Father's rights to his child without his name on the child birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

The father of my child and I just recently split and now he has to file for a paternity petition to have his name put on her birth certificate. I want to know until that process is complete through the court what parental rights he has to his child?

Father's rights for Child Support [ 2 Answers ]

My son's mother left me almost 6 years ago and I did not know where she was. I tried everything to get in contact with her or her family and had no luck. I had no contact with her or my son for almost 5 years. Since she left and did not let me know where she went or was will I have to pay back...

Child support/custody/father's rights [ 7 Answers ]

Ha... spoken like two women scorned by men who don't love them.

View more questions Search