Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missb Posts: 50, Reputation: 4

Jan 6, 2007, 06:26 PM
    Caught up on MySpAcE!
    Hi everyone,
    My boyfriend of nearly a year is still trying to communicate with an"ex" or old "friend" is what he called her. He's trying because on the site "myspace" he is requesting her as a friend and I know because I have his password.But he told me he don't have no dealings with her and that basically she is history. I know I'm wrong on my part already for checking his stuff. But why is he still trying to keep in touch? And am I wrong for being mad at him?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 6, 2007, 10:29 PM
    But why is he still trying to keep in touch? And am I wrong for being mad at him?
    I have no idea why he is keeping in touch with his ex. And YES you should be mad he lied and is guilty of a breach of trust, no matter how innocent this myspace thing is, You are also guilty of breaking a trust and as soon as you confront him, he will know you are a snoop.
    Just me but I don't believe in a relationship that has no trust.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2007, 11:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by missb
    Hi everyone,
    My boyfriend of nearly a year is still trying to communicate with an"ex" or old "friend" is what he called her. He's trying because on the site "myspace" he is requesting her as a friend and i know because i have his password.But he told me he dont have no dealings with her and that basically she is history. I know im wrong on my part already for checking his stuff. But why is he still trying to keep in touch? And am i wrong for being mad at him?
    Well it sounds like you both don't trust each other. So since that's the case why are you going out?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 7, 2007, 07:15 AM
    You both need to talk and discuss things.

As for Myspace, anyone can see the friends list after they become a friend, so obviously he is not hiding it. If he really wanted to "hook up" or talk to them he could just pick up a phone and do that.

I really think just listing them as a friend on myspace has little value, I started just inviting anyone I ever knew and people with outlandish photos just to see how many people I could add to my list. I have never emailed or messaged any of them.

So just my opinion, I don't think it means anything, unless he is doing more with or about her.
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2007, 07:30 AM
    There is a danger with myspace that you can read into things too much, check back on one of my previous threads, here is a link: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...alk-47487.html

I really do also think that you lack trust in your relationship and without trust, a relationship is sure to fail in the end. He has breached your trust but you have also breached his by checking his personal details. Remember that just because he has requested to add her as a friend does not mean he wants to speak to her. If he were going to do anything behind your back, he would not add her as a friend since he would not foolish enough to not understand that you have his myspace url and would be able to view his friends list. If he were to do anything behind your back with his ex, he would be a Cheat and would not be worthy to be in a relationship with you. I doubt anything is happening here at all and it is completely harmless. I do think that you need to be honest with him about what you have done and communicate about your concerns but he also needs to explain why he lied to you which I think is wrong.

Early communication may stop anything developing here in terms of bad feelings.
    shorty28 Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Apr 19, 2007, 01:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by missb
    Hi everyone,
    My boyfriend of nearly a year is still trying to communicate with an"ex" or old "friend" is what he called her. He's trying because on the site "myspace" he is requesting her as a friend and i know because i have his password.But he told me he dont have no dealings with her and that basically she is history. I know im wrong on my part already for checking his stuff. But why is he still trying to keep in touch? And am i wrong for being mad at him?
    I mean they could be fri3nds and still talk.but if he was talking to her he could have told u.and still u both need 2 respect each others privacy.
    i12bmenhappy Posts: 24, Reputation: 5

Apr 19, 2007, 01:41 PM
    I don't know if you are in a serious relationship or anything but I beg you... please do away with your myspace accounts as soon as you want to settle down. It will only start drama... it provides a free ticket into your past, since you put it out there, and it is a way old flings can get in touch even if you don't want them too. It doesn't belong in a mature relationship. And yes you should be upset. But it is a matter of if you want to get in trouble yourself (for snooping) to confront him.
    shorty28 Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Apr 19, 2007, 03:31 PM
    Yes I Am In A Serious Relationship Been With Him 12 Years I've Been On Myspace For A Long Time. But I Never Hide It From My Spouse Is 50/50 And If There Isn't Thrust Then Why Be With That Person Right.if Your Tired Of Being With That Person Tell Them Don't Let Them Find Out Them Self That Hurt's Even Worse.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Caught in the middle [ 30 Answers ]

I have a friend who is a single mother of 3. She is a wonderful lady, super mom, and loving friend. However, she is extremely hung up on one of my husband's friends. My husband's friend James just got out of a rather rocky marriage, and is not really into having a relationship. However, a couple...

Caught in the middle... [ 3 Answers ]

I fell in love with my best friend of 6 years and 1 year ago we finally admitted our love for each other. He dated another girl before me and broke up with her when he realized he loved me instead. I was dating a mutual friend of ours at the time, but broke up with him around the same time. The guy...

I was caught without a driver's license. [ 6 Answers ]

I'm 19 and I live in Tennessee. A few weeks back I was caught passing a car in a no passing lane and I was pulled over. They gave me a ticket for no drivers livense and passing on double lines. The cop told me if I could get my license by the court date he would let it go but I won't be able to get...

I was caught making fake money [ 3 Answers ]

I recently was busted for making fake 20's, I passed 8 fake 20 dollar bills. The police found another 15 or so in my trash. I understand that I committed a federal offense, what would be a ballpark of my punishment? I'm a single mom with 2 boys who's father recently committed suicide?

Caught in the middle [ 1 Answers ]

About a month a go I went to a used car dealer and bought a car. In the state of New Hampshire you have to get the car inspected. I went and got it inspected and my mechanic passed it. Well just today while driving my right control wheel broke and thank god I wasn't hurt. I called aaa and had them...

View more questions Search