Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dodou0730 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2011, 12:32 AM
    How much for bail for theft under 300 MD?
    I was informed that I had an arrest warrant by a montgomery county police officer a week ago. I remember him contacting me with email before bu ti thought it was a scam. I got into a fight with mt previous roommate who asked me out but I said no to him and now he charged me with stealing his stuff that he told me to pawn off because he was too busy with work. The *****y thing was he video tapes his room with a party camera. And now the officer had proof that I "stole" the stuff. It was a computer worth 200 and watch worth 20. I went to the pawn shop and got the money and gave it to my roommate, as soon as I rejects him he starts to threaten, blackmail and wants me deported (I have a greencard) now the police emails me again saying I better turn myself in. He has a warrant for my arrest but its not in the system yet. And he wants me to go in myself. He texted me through my phone to set it up to be Friday. I'm nervous because I never had trouble with the law. I'm 18, not a lot of money and living by myself. First. I never received anything in the mail. Second the police emails and texts but never called. Third. The cop never put it into the system( friends that can search criminal records) p9lease please someone tells me if this is ledgit, if it is, I didn't do anything, what can I do or say? Plus I can't afford a lawyer and I don't know what my bail is going to be and how this will affect my job (car sales consultant). Please help!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 10, 2011, 12:48 AM

How did the cop get your email address and cell phone number? Sounds like your "friend" might be setting you up.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2011, 03:57 AM

Hello d:

I never heard of an investigation conducted by email and text. I don't believe it.

excon
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2011, 05:42 PM

You also don't bail yourself out before you've actually been arrested and charged... and the it's the judge that decides exactly how much it would be.

Try calling the Montgomery County court house and find out if there is a bench warrant out for you. Instead of emailing an unknown idividual. THey can emaill from anywhere... but they can only answer the phone from where you know they should be if you look the number up and call it yourself.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 10, 2011, 08:15 PM

1. no police do not email you

2. no the police would not call you and tell you that there is a warrant, they may call you and act like someone else to have you meet them.

3. no you can not have a warrant unless it is not only "in" the system, but there has been a grand jury hearing normally and a judge has signed a warrant for your arrest.

Nothing you are being told is true, in fact who ever is pretending to be a police office is breaking the law doing so, and should be reported, if you have the text of someone saying they are a police officer take it to the real police and they will arrest them

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Retail theft over 300 [ 3 Answers ]

Well me and my husband went to walmart the other day and when I walked away to get a soda he tried to walk out the door with everything we had in the cart I wasn't with him when he walked out cause I guess as soon as I went to get a soda he hurried out the door. I went back to the garden center...

Theft under $300 in California [ 0 Answers ]

take a few seconds to read and answer plzz? I beg yu all that can help me;my name is chris and i am 19 years old im a college student and athelete and b4 you guys start to judge me *** understand me yes i know stealing is ridiculous and is also a sin but it is my first time i gett in trouble other...

Bail money [ 3 Answers ]

What is bail money used for?

Theft 1 - no bail. [ 4 Answers ]

A gal I work with just got arrested for Probation Violation (don't know what she was on probation for) and Theft 1 - no bail was set. I've read about people who do (it seems) far worse and get bail... why would this be the case? Is it because of the parole violation or is theft 1 more serious...

View more questions Search