Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stephardon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2009, 08:57 PM
    Need to know rights for tenants who must leave house.
    We have been renting a house for about 2 yrs now, and now the house is being sold by the bank. How much time am I legally allowed to stay in the house until I'm forced to look for another place to live? Is there anywhere I can look to for help and get legal assistance?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2009, 03:46 PM

Most states require that the owner(which is now the bank) has to give you a 30-day notice to vacate. What state is this in?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 21, 2009, 05:27 PM

I think we need to clarify some things here. You say the bank is selling the house. Does that mean the bank already foreclosed and now has a buyer for it? Or are you referring to a foreclosure sale that is coming up?

Who have you been paying rent to or have you? How long have you known about the foreclosure? If the bank is now the owner (foreclosure already happened), how long ago was the foreclosure completed?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tenants rights [ 3 Answers ]

My landlord refuses to replace anything-carpet is 40 years old or more,heater is 50 or more.I have a wall type space heater that only forces heat towards door and other side is bathroom.There is no heat in the bedrooms . Because it's an older apartment.There isn't any register vents.He thinks I...

Tenants won't leave [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I own a house and had it on the market for 1.5 years with no luck. We decided to rent it to a couple who originally had stated that they would eventually like to buy it. We did not have them sign anything stating that... however, that is not the issue. We learned that they were no...

Tenants won't leave and we just sold the property. [ 5 Answers ]

Ok... The tenants we were renting our home to have not paid anything. We had no written lease. I understand they are still tenants even though it was verbal only. Ok.. we served them with the Notice to pay or quit, and they are still in the home, we have a court date on November 5 to have them...

Lease Ended, Tenants Won't Leave [ 2 Answers ]

I wanted to know if anybody has ended up in the situation I'm in, and what is the correct procedure to take: I have tenants who have had been living in my rental property for 1 year. They have been a headache since the first month, but I thought I would stick it through and be done w/ them...

Rental House - Tenants Rights [ 6 Answers ]

I rent a single family house in New Jersey, the owner lives in another town, can she increase my rent any percentage she wants to or is there a law that governs rental increase practices for my type of rental. We are on a month to month lease for the past 18 years never had a written lease ever -...

View more questions Search