Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GR8SCOTT Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2010, 10:35 PM
    Whirlpool dryer makes a grinding noise and a burning smell
    When I press start, I hear a loud grinding noise (like metal on metal) and smell a burning noise. I quickly turned off the dryer so as not to burn out anything. I looked inside the dryer, and felt around the edges for a lodged piece of metal/coin. There was none. I spun the drum, by hand, and it spun, so not stuck. I tilted the dryer forward, hoping to dislodge and metal that might have gotten stuck between the rim of the drum. None of those things worked. I still hear the loud grinding, and smell a burning smell. What's my next step?
    lastvirgo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2011, 06:57 AM
    Gr8Scott... I think the same thing is happening to mine this morning. Did you ever figure out what the problem was? (lastvirgo)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool quiet partner 1 makes grinding noise when going to the wash cycle [ 3 Answers ]

When the dishwasher goes to the wash cycle there is a grinding sound. I do not see any thing in the way. I did notice that the botton spray arm is very loose. Not sure it is suppose to be.

Whirlpool Dryer makes loud banging noise when on and empty [ 2 Answers ]

Our dryer suddenly makes loud banging noises when on and its empty. Could it be the tub or a belt or something else. How do I go about fixing it? Thanks

Starter makes bad grinding noise [ 1 Answers ]

I pulled out the starter and the teeth were ground off. I installed a new starter, and the same thing happened. The car is a honda civic with a d15b2 engine.

Whirlpool dryer drum won't turn, with burning smell [ 1 Answers ]

My Whirlpool dryer drum won't turn, after I set the setting and close the door, and there is a strong burning smell at that time. It is only about 2 1/2 yrs old. Any ideas? Thanks, Cindy

View more questions Search