Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melissa7977 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2012, 07:07 PM
    Itching Bumps all over
    I have Red small bumps that started on my upper thigh in the back. I didn't really think anything of it at first, I thought it was from horseback ridding with shorts on and took them in the river. This is now spreading and you can't really see anything unless you look very closely. It has spread and I believe it is from scratching it. However the itching is now driving me crazy and has gone on for over two months. It is on my arms, back, legs, thighs, feet, breast, and even on the outer of my special area. I have read many blogs and I know that this is Not Scabies or chicken pocs. I have used many different creams and the only thing that seems to help is Icy Hot - ( crazy enough, I was so desperate I tried it, the relief is only temporary and I understand that in Florida we have had many cases however non of the doctors know what it is and the scream they are giving is only irritating the areas please if you can help in any way we are out of Idea's. I say we because both myself and my fiancée have this issue and he was working out of town for over two months, however my children how are always with me do not have this going on at all.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Nov 26, 2012, 08:15 PM
    Have the doctors taken a culture of the rash? My son went from doctor to doctor for a rash, and when one finally took a scraping culture, it was easily resolved.
    newtempleman Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2012, 07:33 PM
    Any kind of rash is always hard to identify, hard to figure out the trigger, and hard to treat.

My answer is based on personal experience... I am not a doctor, but have been to many over the years and although they try, they are not very good at identifying or treating stubborn rashes and itching.

It sounds like a case of hair follicle irritation, which can be anywhere on the body and generally slowly spreads and gets worse with a bumpy type rash.

There is not one single product that will stop it (in my view) but a combination treatment is helpful, and you must be persistent with the treatment.

If it starts to get infected you will need antibiotics from a doctor or an online pharmacy.

It its not infected try the following:

Benadryl spray pump... (not the pills, but the spray) and spray it on 4 times a day.

Cold Packs... buy at the drugstore and buy a couple of different sizes. This is temporary relief.

Florasone... This is a homeopathic cream used instead of cortisone and much more effective for all itching and rashes. Use as much as you want.

Do NOT use any heavy creams or ointments as they will clog the pores and make it worse.

Try to wear and adjust your clothes so as not to cause irritation and wash them in a hypoallergenic wash detergent.

Hydrogen peroxide... dab it on to dry up and cleanse the area and keep it from getting infected.

Bactine Spray (not the cream) Spray it on for topical (aneasthetic) relief.

WitchHazel... very cooling and drying.

AloeVera Gel... toheal the skin.

Finally observe yourself daily and note if it is better, worse, or about the same at different points in the day and night. If you note its worse at a particular time, think about what you were in contact with and try to identify things that are making it worse.

Shower (not bath) using a mild hypoallergenic soap...

Yes this is a lot but with rashes that no one seems to know how to help you (which was my case) these items used together and often with showers and no heavy creams or perfumes, should clear it up slowly but surely.

Let me know if this was helpful, and how you are doing and based on your observations and continuing information I may have further info for you.

If you are really desperate and have the money, you can consult a naturopathic doctor, or a chinese herbalist. They are expensive, but can usually help where a regular doctor cannot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does burning, bumps, and itching mean? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm a 17 year old girl and I was sexually active 2 weeks ago. I recently ran along 3 bumps inside my vaginal area, it burns whenever I use the restroom, and an occurring itch happens from time to time. I was wondering if I have a STD or what kind of problem am I having

It startes with my 4 year old son.. he was always itching. Never had red bumps or irit [ 4 Answers ]

My 4 year old son is always itching. Where he is itching there are no red bumps, but just bumps! Its mainly on his ankle and face. My 2 year old is itching now mainly his head. I checked and see nothing and also had daycare check to. Now I am sitting on my couch and can't stop scratching...

Small cluster of bumps itching all over [ 2 Answers ]

I have a very very small cluster of bumps... puts you in the mind set of ringworm or poison ivy.. but more bumps and the skin is raised to where it looks like something underneath the skin. I am itching all over. The bumps also itch as well. They are located on the outside frontal lip of the...

Itching and small flesh coloured bumps. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have a bit of a problem, I'm sexually active (always protected sex) with my ex 2 years ago, and just recently the guy I'm with now. It's been about 2 weeks practically since I've engaged in intercourse with my boyfriend, and I've had an itching around my vagina (the actual hole) and...

View more questions Search