Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    IanMus Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2008, 05:19 PM
    How do I import my dbx files from Outlook Express to Outlook?
    Hi, My daughter gifted her Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop to me. It has Win Vista Home Basic. For emails it has Outlook installed and working. I have all my 4 GB of email records on another computer in Outlook Express. Is there anyway I can readily import them to Outlook as DBX files or convert them to a format suitable for Outlook?

(PS: I shall post another question on this re how to install OE6 without interfering with Internet Explorer already installed).
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 9, 2008, 05:22 PM
    Export from OE to PST. Then import into Outlook. Vista does not have OE, instead it uses Windows Mail.
    IanMus Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2008, 10:20 PM

Scott, Thank you for your solution. I have not yet tried it because I have 2GB of records out of 4GB in OE in my desktop computer that I must keep. I am unsure whether exporting them (as you suggest to PST and then to Outlook which is on the laptop) would remove them from OE or simply copy them. I do not wish to shift them, only to copy them. Any further comment?

Please note also that a solution that JAF and aries94404 had previously posted to Rick's question at

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/email/...sta-86458.html

Was good for me in part. Unfortunately, no matter what I tried, "deleted items" remained in the field and blocked the transfer by the "All Folders" option (a visit to this page will clarify).

IanMus
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 15, 2008, 07:07 AM

No it just copies them, but after you have confirmed the copy, then you can delete them from the other PC.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Import .dbx files (Outlook Express) to Windows Mail (Vista) [ 34 Answers ]

Everywhere I look I see the answer is no - I cannot do the above... but there's GOT to be a way... doesn't there? :o Any suggestions for a workaround to this?

Can't import outlook express 5 from external drive [ 2 Answers ]

a win xp node was backed up to an ext. usb drive and the user got a new laptop which runs vista. the orig outlook express is 5.x. I'm trying to bring in at least the address book but hopefully the whole acct into a fully updated win xp which has outlook express 6.x. I'll attempt to bring it into...

Import to Window Mail in Vista .pst files from Outlook Express [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new laptop with Vista installed and would like to import all my email files and addresses from Outlook Express

How do I import old Outlook Express files onto new Vista Computer [ 2 Answers ]

I have a new computer and would like to import old email files and my address book from Outlook Express onto Microsoft Email. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Jean

View more questions Search