Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kayleverett Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2008, 11:16 PM
    Dead beat father & child custody and visitation in TX
    Hello my name is Kay and my child is 10 months old. His father has only seen him a handful of times and is currently in jail. He is not on my child's birth certificate. His father has a history of drug abuse and violance tendencies but nothing I can prove cause he has never been caught doing any of these things. He just wrote me the other day from jail and told me when he gets out he is getting a lalwyer and it was going to get ugly between us if I didn't coroperate and let him see my son. I frankly do not want someone like that around my son. He will be living with his parents and brothers who all smoke and do drugs and he wants my son to come over right when he gets out of jail w/o me there and stay the weekend. My son mind you will be scared to death of this man because he doesn't even know him. I fill like I should give him a chance and I know my son needs a father but, I think having a step-father will be a lot better than having a father who could petintualy put your life at risk. I need some opinions, also I would like to know if he takes me to court my chances of getting at least supervisied visitation once a week, or maybe sole custody with a restraining order. Ok well thanks in advance to all who atemp to answer...
    kjsandoval03 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2008, 11:34 PM
    I really don't think the judge will allow him to have you child because he just got out of jail and he has no way of supporting this baby that you brought into this world. You should not let your child go with him unless it is court ordered and if he does take you to court then FIGHT it. He has no job to pay for any attorney but you should go talk to one just in case. Wish you luck!!!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dead beat father/trying young mother [ 9 Answers ]

My son is two and for two yrs his father has not gave me anything for him I am an 18 yr old female doing what I can for my child his father is 22 and isn't doing anything he has rights cause he's on the birth certificate and he's not on child support he says all the time that he don't want his son...

Dead Beat Father [ 8 Answers ]

My child's father doesn't pay child surport. And, now he doesn't even want to see his son. He is only 14months old. His father has seen him maybe a dozen times. Only for a couple hours here, and there. I don't know if it was possible to gets his right signed off. If he still owes the state money...

My children and their Dead beat Father [ 6 Answers ]

I was married for 7 years and had 3 beautiful children from that marriage. Towards the end he was abusive and the main reason I left. When we went through the divorce I wanted it to be over and he had already moved on with his life he started attending church with is now (ex ) fiancé and I...

My child and custody and visitation [ 2 Answers ]

I was just wondering if anyoe could help me out... I'm not really sure how to do this so I hope it works... anyways I am a 21 yr old woman who has a 2 yr old boy... My es husband is coming back from iraq and wants to get set visitation and decided to not give up his rights... I want him to give up...

View more questions Search