Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tamitexan45 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2010, 08:28 AM
    Why does my 25 year old daughter blame me for all her problems
    I found out 3 months ago that my 25 year old daughter who has a 2 year old was using herion. Her father and I have been divorced 16 years and he is a meth addict. He has pretty much been an absent father.She now lives with him his mother his sister and will have nothing to do with me. She lived with me I supported her and was there when my grandaughter was born. I haven't even been able to see the baby. Why am I at blame when I was always here for her?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2010, 08:41 AM

Its easier to blame someone else instead of having to admit making bad choices and decisions and deal with them,blaming you gives her a sense of 'its not my fault',which of course it is.

Living with people who are in a similar situation does not really help,as they may enable each other and never completely take responsibility for their actions.

For all that we do as parents, at some stage we have to let go and let our children be who they are,it may take 30 or 40 years for them to 'come good' as my own mother says.

By 'come good' she means grow up!

You have done your part now she has to do hers.

If you are concerned about the baby,perhaps there is another relative who could check in and make sure the baby is OK.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2010, 09:49 AM

I'm sure she's only with dad because right now they have so much in common.

A lot of drug addicts blame someone else for their own poor decisions, so don't allow her to make you feel guilty for something that's not your fault.

I would be more concerned with the 2 year old being brought up in that household. I think I'd express some concern to someone that can check in on the family situation, even if you have to get Children's Services involved. The little one really has to be your first concern.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 16 year old daughter ran off with 27 year old man [ 12 Answers ]

Over the last year we have been in a constant battle to prevent a man 27 years old from having a relationship we our 15 year old daughter, when we found out we tried to stop all contact but he continued to groom her into believing that he loved her sending text messages and meeting her in secret...

Need help with a 16 year old daughter dating a 22 year old man [ 44 Answers ]

My 16 year old daughter is dating a 22 year old man he lives next door and he is a bum he has no job and doesn't even leave his house only to sign on to get his benefits she was dating him when she was 15 and I thought I put a stop to it and as soon as she went 16 in April this year they got back...

True film about wife kills husband,daughter takes blame think its 80's film [ 1 Answers ]

Mother kills her husband at start of the film and gets her teenage daughter to take the blame its based on a true story I think its late 80's and very early 90's, anyone know what you call it ?

Is there a law against a 12 year old boy having sex with my 12 year old daughter? [ 6 Answers ]

My 12 year old daughter was conspiring with her 12 year old boyfriend to have sex (intercourse). Fortunately we found out in time and are now restricting her freedom appropriately. However, the mother of the boy would like him to apologize to us (the parents) and she wants me to put the fear of God...

View more questions Search