Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AMHarman06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2007, 09:34 AM
    Questionable Landlord
    I am moving into a new apartment and I am moving to Louisville KY, my new landlord is very nice however I am going today to give her the remainder of the deposit, and she doesn't have the lease agreement ready, should I give her the money?
    AW805 Posts: 283, Reputation: 43

May 8, 2007, 09:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AMHarman06
    I am moving into a new apartment and I am moving to Louisville KY, my new landlord is very nice however I am going today to give her the remainder of the deposit, and she doesn't have the lease agreement ready, should I give her the money?
    I woundn't... not without a lease drawn stating all the terms that you both have agreed to. You could get yourself in a difficult position if you give her the money and later she gives you a lease that you don't agree with.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 8, 2007, 10:35 AM
    Don't give her additional money unless you have a separate deposit document specifying you get your money back if you do not agree to all terms of the forthcoming lease. This will build in a safety escape for you. Why is it taking her time to prepare the lease anyway? Most landlords use the same document over and over. Whatever she presents to you it would be prudent to read it over with a fine tooth comb.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 8, 2007, 11:36 AM
    You have gotten some very good answers, if you don't feel right about something don't sign,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Questionable divorce [ 8 Answers ]

How long can you be married before your spouse can get alimony? If your divorce / legal separation? :confused: I have been divorced since 1999. My oldest is graduating this June 08. My other daughter is 15.5 they both live with me. There father is not a dead beat at all, he pays his child...

Questionable weight [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 14, small framed, tall and weigh 127 pounds. Am I fat?:(

Another Questionable Entry [ 3 Answers ]

Again, from computer simulation program, this entry goes in the general journal. It is part of a weekly account of transactions. Transaction is worded: June 30 Issued Check 30439 for $850.00 to advertising agency for advertising copy that will run over the next two weeks in the local media....

View more questions Search