Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hookups Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2011, 07:15 AM
    Television
    How do you connect a TV to a dvd recorder and sat receiver and watch TV w/o turning on the recorder?
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2011, 08:11 PM

Depends on how many outputs your satellite box has and how many inputs your TV has.

Makes and models of your equipment will allow me to provide you the best method to connect your equipment.

EDIT: And what kind the inputs are.
    hookups Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2011, 04:39 PM
    The TV is a Samsung UN22D5000NF. It's inputs are: 1 antenna, HDMI 1(DVI), HDMI 2, 1 audio/video, and 1 component.

The satellite box is a Hughes GAEBOA. It's outputs are: 1 to TV (coaxial), 1 audio/video, 1 S video.

The DVD/HDD recorder is a Magnavox MDR515H/F7. It's inputs are: 1 antenna, 1 audio/video, 1 S video. It's outputs are: 1 audio/video, 1 HDMI, 1 S video, 1 component and 1 antenna.

Thanks for your help.
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2011, 07:17 PM

- Composite (yellow, white, red) from satellite box to the TV.
    - Component video (red, green, blue) from DVD/HDD recorder to the TV.
    - Composite audio (just white and red) from DVD/HDD recorder to the TV.
    - Coaxial from satellite to the antenna input on the DVD/HDD recorder.

===

To watch satellite, the TV will need to be on the AV input.

To watch a DVD or recorded program (or to setup a recording), the TV will need to be on the Component input.

NOTE: All recordings will need to be setup through the channel that the satellite box outputs on (usually 3 or 4).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Television [ 2 Answers ]

Okae so there was this show that I watched when I was little. I t hasd these different colored puff balls I guess you could call them. The thing I remember most is that there heads would like go into their bodies. I know this sounds weird but its bugging me. Does anyone know the name of this...

Television [ 3 Answers ]

Ebaines, you are great, thanks for your answers so far. Sorry, you are right, that should be aussie. I have a couple of others. This is a sweet or candy."such a sweet cereal" (6,5) This is a TV program. "He's a colourful little fellow" (3,5) Thanks again, Fredlad.

Television keeps going off [ 8 Answers ]

I have a hitachi TV, it keeps going off, I think it goes on standby

Television [ 1 Answers ]

How has television changed our society?

View more questions Search