Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aladdu Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2007, 01:15 PM
    Hampton Bay Model AC-527 "NN" works crazy
    Hi,

I just moved into this new place which already has an Hampton Bay fan -- Model: AC-527 "NN" installed. There is a switch to turn it on. But it works erratically where sometimes only the light turns on, sometimes the light and fan, sometimes just the fan and sometimes neither. It works very unpredictably. I do not have any remote for the fan.

Any suggestion/thoughts/leads on resolving this issue would help.

Thanks,
    A
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2007, 01:42 AM
    Does the fan have pullchains?

Jun 25, 2007, 08:53 AM
    Nope... no pull chains either...
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2007, 01:36 PM
    It's a remote fan, and it needs the remote to operate. You will also need to change the frequency of the receiver, as something is interfering.

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

Jun 28, 2007, 03:34 PM
    Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I went to the store and bought an universal remote. To install it, I started by removing the light bulbs glass, then the foam underneath. Essentially, I removed all the screws I could other than those for blades but don't know what to do next. Can you please advise.

Thanks,
    A
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2007, 08:41 PM
    Do you know where the receiver is in the fan? You might not even need to do all that.

Jun 29, 2007, 03:56 AM
    I was able to figure it out... got a new receiver and remote... and fixed it up last night... 3 hours for it all... of course, credit to my neighbour electrical engineer... he did most of the thinking... thank you very much fr pointing me in the rite direction...

A
    graf007 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2008, 02:31 PM
    I have the same fan in a condo that I just moved into and it too has no remote, where is the receiver located on the fan, I removed the ceiling collar and it is not there?
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2008, 09:51 PM

Does your fan have pullchains?
    graf007 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2008, 05:32 AM
    No it doesn't.
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2008, 12:01 PM

If it's not in the ceiling it's either inside the motor housing, or inside the switch housing (where the light would go).
    wyss4 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2012, 08:31 PM
    Is there a fuse in the fan of the
    AC-527'NN'

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay ac-552 (sku#474-628) "kk" [ 3 Answers ]

Where can I find replacement blade arms for a hampton bay ceiling fan? e75795 Model: ac-552 (sku#474-628) "KK" Mfgr no. 5a 00007 Upc# 718212040300 Vendor# 445993 s/n: 004136D

Hampton Bay "Belmont" Model Ceiling Fan-Reversing [ 3 Answers ]

I have had many fans through the years that were reversubke (including four in my home when I installed the Belmont), and all of them are reversible via a sliding switch on the side of the housing--as indicated by the two members who responded to my first question. However, there is no such...

Hampton Bay "remote" wiring [ 3 Answers ]

I have a HB Andover Indoor/Outdoor fan that I want to install on the porch and use primarily as a light. This fan comes with a wall-mount remote. The existing switch is inside and in a box with 2 other switches and I don't want to alter that. Can I leave the old switch in tact and buy a...

Using 4.5" downrod instead of 12"-Hampton Bay ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to install a Hampton Bay-Frontera ceiling fan with the optional 4.5" downrod option instead of the standard 12". It does not appear that the 4.5" rod will fit because of the fan's decorative scroll. Any ideas? Am I missing something obvious?

Hampton Bay 42" ceiling fan [ 3 Answers ]

We need purchased a 42" ceiling fan with light fixture. We do no want the light and need to purchase the cover where the light should be. Please Help!

View more questions Search