Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taki143 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2012, 06:30 AM
    I drank on wed. thurs. and fri. and have a EtG test on Monday?
    Hi there! I drank Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday until about 4pm. I had about 4 glasses of wine (including saki) and about 4 shots. I may have a EtG test today around 6pm will I pass? Since it has been about 72 hours! I have been drinking tons of water, cranberry juice, and powerades for the past few days as well as walking! I have read so many different things online and don't know what to think? I am 5'6 and 135lbs 40yrs old. I hate being put in this position and realize it is my own fault and do not want to do it again! It was a birthday celebration at sushi bar. I would be grateful for any advice or anyone's experience with this?
    Thank you very much!
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2012, 08:30 AM
    At 8 drinks you are in a range that is impossible to predict with confidence. The range of clearance could be anywhere from 30-90 hours.

If you would like to get your BAC from this link we can try and calculate from BAC=0... go to Calculator Be sure and check the Male/Female

Apr 9, 2012, 08:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    At 8 drinks you are in a range that is impossible to predict with confidence. The range of clearance could be anywhere from 30-90 hours.

If you would like to get your BAC from this link we can try and calculate from BAC=0...go to Calculator Be sure and check the Male/Female
    I am going to say my bac was between .15 and .18 because the shots were not mixed and 100 proof but it was over about 6 or 7 hours, ending at least by 5 or 6 and I don't know what the level for a small saki is? But does the cumilation of the other days have anything to do with my last drink?

Apr 9, 2012, 08:56 AM
    I take that back because I didn't mark female on calculator ouch! More like .19?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2012, 09:14 AM
    All of the research operates on the basis that EtG is not cumulative (Sarkola). As example, EtG is created during the elimination phase of alcohol. When alcohol is no longer present then EtG production ceases, will peak in about 3-5 hours and then begin elimination.

The rate of consumption is also important.

That indicates that the drinking you note, at the levels of consumption provided are separate actions. There was probably some EtG remaining from Wed when you drank on Thurs. That would result in the reading spiking up. Just like the parent drug, alcohol, EtG is being created and eliminated as alcohol is consumed.

Using your highest BAC (.18) and using an elimination value of .015 per hour, you would have been creating EtG for another 12 hours following last drink.

From BAC=0 to time of test you would have about 60 hours for EtG clearance. Just guessing, I would think that gives you about 75% chance of passing.

Keep in mind, the results of this test are very erratic. Little is known about how much EtG is created by any given individual per dose of alcohol.

Added: Didn't see your BAC addition. Add hour to elimination. What the calculator does not provide is that women eliminate alcohol faster than men by about 10%.

Sarkola, 2003

Apr 9, 2012, 12:45 PM
    Thank you so much for your help and knowledge on this topic! Have you just researched it well and what other topics and fields are your expertise? This is an interesting site and I may have other questions concerning medical and health? Thank you again and hope you have a good day! Very appreciated!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drank 8 glasses of wine on Fri, 8p-12a 175lb M - ETG Test is Mon 8am [ 14 Answers ]

I just closed a deal for my company so we all celebrated, I know I shouldn't have drank so lets just keep this to positive remarks, thank you. I have a good metabolism and drank 16 ounces of water each day along with a steak salad each night and B2&B6 Vitamins plus Potassium. BAC Calc that...

Will I pass my ETG test if I drank two 40z beers on Friday test is on Monday [ 2 Answers ]

I had 1 and 1/2 40 oz beers ( Thurs) finished at 2am Fri. Then drank the rest of the 1/2 40oz Friday finished at 4 pm.. Will I pass my EtG on Monday at 7pm?

Drank on Thanksgiving, will I be in the clear for an ETG test on Monday at 5:30 p.m. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I know there are a ton of posts about passing an ETG tst, just wanted to see what folks thought about my situation. I drank quite a bit on the afternoon of Thanksgiving, stopping at 9:00 p.m. I think I metabolized everything by Friday morning at 6:00 a.m. and had to test on Monday...

I drank thurs. & Fri. Will I pass an EtG Tuesday? [ 3 Answers ]

I drank Thursday and Friday night stopping at 11pm. I have to take an EtG test on Tuesday morning. Will I pass? I am 170lbs and have a very fast metabolism.

View more questions Search