Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joespon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2008, 09:06 PM
    I just had surgery for a appendix removed can I collect unemployment
    Hello, I just had my appendix taking out I live in south jersey I don't think I have disabillity ins but will social or workmans comp pay me for the next 2 weeks
    eriknugent Posts: 90, Reputation: -5

Sep 20, 2008, 09:22 PM

I don't think so workmans comp defiantly not unless it was due to injury at work where about in south jersey I'm from brick.
    ATYOURSERVICE Posts: 246, Reputation: 13

Sep 20, 2008, 09:30 PM

If you pay state taxes you have state disability. Contact your disability office.

Department of Labor and Workforce Development | Temporary Disability

Unemployment is only when you are laid off from a job. If you are fired, you can not collect.
    eriknugent Posts: 90, Reputation: -5

Sep 20, 2008, 09:37 PM

In nj you can collect unemployment if you are fired you are required to wait six weeks though.
    ATYOURSERVICE Posts: 246, Reputation: 13

Sep 20, 2008, 09:52 PM
    Really... good to know. Thanks

Not in Cali

http://www.edd.ca.gov/pdf_pub_ctr/de8714b.pdf

It stipulates it is for people who have lost their job of no fault of their own.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you collect unemployment in two different states [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to collect unemployment in two different states?

Freelance designer: Can I collect unemployment? [ 1 Answers ]

I have work on site at an ad agency for the past 5 years, off and on, on a freelance basis, they pay me with company checks, I am 1099. They recently have lost a big client and didn't need me, it usually doesn't last very long and then I am asked to come in again, but this time they haven't used me...

Eligibility to collect unemployment [ 3 Answers ]

I have worked at my place of employment for 9 months. I am 9 months pregnant and due within the next two weeks. According to my work's policy, you have to be employed for a year or more to get the 6 weeks paid time off. So I therefore have to take 6 weeks off, but it is all unpaid. I was wondering...

Where do you collect unemployment if you work and live in two different states? [ 1 Answers ]

If am employed in Philadelphia but live in Las Vegas if I lose my job where do I file for unemployment? Thank you.

View more questions Search