Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pdl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2009, 04:31 AM
    Registering a UK marriage with the Portuguese consulate
    I'm British and my wife is Portuguese. We married in a church of England ceremony and the marriage is recognised in Britain. On enquiring with the Portuguese consulate on how to register my wife's married name on her Portuguese passport she was told that a C of E marriage was not recognised in Portugal and that we had to be married again in a civic registry office in order to have the right documentation. Has anyone else had this problem? I know the Portuguese system can be bureaucratic and I don't want to spend another two hours being on hold phoning the Portuguese consulate.

Thanks in advance.
    nirav2010 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2011, 01:08 AM
    I want register my birth in ortugal embessty in how is and I want help and I want advocate connect and email ID

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Portuguese consulate in Goa... running fraud passport racket [ 4 Answers ]

I submitted my papers for acquiring Portuguese nationality 4 yrs ago in 2000. My process was dragged on as usual by lisbon authorities since 6 yrs In 2005 I received my identification process appt date wherein was asked to get an original document issued to my parents during Portuguese era...

Validity of documents attested by portuguese consulate in Goa [ 1 Answers ]

Is it true that documents attested by portuguese consulate in goa have a validity period of only 6 months and they cannot be used after that for sending them to PORTUGAL for obtaining portuguese nationality.

No answer from portuguese consulate [ 1 Answers ]

HI, Iam a portuguese citizen residing in england. I tried to get in toutch with the Portuguese Consulate to renew my passport I've sent emails they never replyed back. I ring almost everyday to my amasement I never get ant answer, the only time I got through they told to ring another number...

Registering and passport in portuguese consulate [ 1 Answers ]

I need to register my newborn baby and issue a passport for her, I never can get in touch to the consulate, do they have especific time and days when they answer the phone, I really need to know what document do I need to bring along with me and how much it will cost me both processes, and how long...

View more questions Search