Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rankinsf Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2009, 05:22 AM
    Sick dog won't eat
    My wife and I rescued a dog from the shelter and she had what we thought to be kennel cough but a yesterday I took her to the vet and found out she actually has Pneumonia and she is not eating at all and my wife and I are worried about this and the Dr. said to try everything and anything and we are trying and still she is not eating, So please can anyone provide some help with this.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 11, 2009, 05:55 PM

The vet isn't doing anything about this? No meds, no vet care at all? If your dog isn't eating and there's nothing you can do then the dog needs to be in the vets care, on intravenous, on meds to cure the pneumonia. I can't believe this vet sent you home to fend for yourselves.

Please find a vet that will give your dog the care it requires.

Good luck.
    rankinsf Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2009, 07:59 PM
    The Vet did give us meds for the pneumonia
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2009, 08:11 PM

Well, like human beings, animals when they are sick, will not want to eat. My dog occasionally gets sick and she doesn't eat for a few days, no matter how much I try to tempt her to eat.

Stick to the meds, and try to perhaps give her some water via water droppers.
    bigmamadownonth Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2009, 08:17 PM

My dog was sick and would eat or drink is he drinking at all? Try to get him to drink ,if you have to take a turkeybaster raise the dogs head upa little put a little water in put it to the side of his mouth and try to squeez it just a little, it is verry important to get him to drink if he doesn't like take chicken noodel soup cambles is the best I think and just keep him drinking get him to a different vet.
    debyrenee Posts: 23, Reputation: 4

Jan 12, 2009, 07:15 PM

I had to hand feed my dog. I was told by the vet to roll up wet dog food mixed with dry in small balls and feed it to him or her like a pill. Put it in their mouth and close the snout, rub the neck, then they swallow. I did this for a couple weeks and everything was great. I had no problem with drinking water though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Very sick puppy very sick [ 12 Answers ]

I know I have been reading on this site and others and before I go any further I know my pup needs a doctor. I can not afford one at all right now and they won't make a payment plan with me because I have horrible credit. I have an 8 months old black lab that I was given for free or they were...

Sick Cat [ 2 Answers ]

Can you give a cat children's Tylenol?

Is my dog sick? [ 7 Answers ]

My dog is usually food crazy and eating a lot... but now the past 3 days she won't eat food! And instead has been puking and eating a lot of grass... :( And today I've looked in her poop and found many little white worms that look similar to maggots... Can anyone please help me!! Is my dog OK?...

This is sick. [ 14 Answers ]

I have a myspace account and someone just posted up a bulletin with a video of a 4 year old girl who had been given ectasy. I want to cry... the parents in the video were laughing as this girls eyes were rolling into her head... they said "she is rolling hard!" I wish I could punch those parents......

Am I sick? [ 2 Answers ]

How do I know if I have a mental illness?

View more questions Search