Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    transamjunky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2008, 06:05 PM
    7.3 f 250 diesel won't start when cold
    I have a 97 f250 diesel. The truck won't start in cold weather unless it is plugged in. I replaced the glow plugs and it still won't start in cold weather unless it is plugged in. any advice on what the problem could be?
    kevbone Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2008, 08:08 PM
    Very possibly the glow plug relay mounted on the passenger side by valve cover, or the glow plug modual.
    imthatguy Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Jan 11, 2011, 06:43 PM
    That is normal.(Period)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ford F350 7.3 PS Turbo Diesel Cold Weather Starting Issues [ 14 Answers ]

I bought this wonderful 1995 Ford F350 Crew Cab 7.3 PS Diesel truck this summer and as of lately (now that the temps are dropping below 45) I am having one heck of a time starting it. In fact, temps were 26 degrees a couple of mornings ago and it took no-kidding nearly 20 minutes of fooling around...

1995 F250 Powerstroke 7.3 Diesel Won't Start [ 17 Answers ]

1995 F250 Powerstroke 7.3 Diesel Will not start and have done the following: All new glow plugs, valve cover gaskets and glow plug leads. New fuel filter and fuel pump, new crank sensor. High Pressure Oil Pump exchanged with known used good pump. Bled fuel system - NO water present....

Saturn won't start, power locks won't work, radio resets itself. [ 4 Answers ]

My 99 Saturn has had some starting problems in the past. It would sometimes not start but if you let it sit from anywhere from 45 minutes to 24 hours, it would eventually start. Or, after having Dad look at it, we could tap the starter and it would work. So we thought it was the starter. I...

2005 ford diesel 6.0 no start [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know the exact location of the high pressure oil pump on a 2005 6.0 ford diesel?

Replaced Gas Valve, Central Air Heater won't start when its cold out [ 6 Answers ]

Each year when it gets cold, my Gas Air Conditioner won't start when its to cold out. I turn the thermostat up, the unit clicks but then doesn't start right away. Sometimes it won't start until the sun hits the air conditioner. Last year I replaced the valve and cleaned the flame sensor. From...

View more questions Search