Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andysaun Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2010, 12:43 PM
    Stationary tub drains I snaked it out at the main drain at
    Snaked it out at the main under the sink and put it back together ,put small amount of water in sink and it did not drain. I lossened the flap between the two oipes and it drained. But not into the ground. Is there a vacuam that has to occure for it to drain?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 22, 2010, 06:19 AM

Would this be a kitchen or a bathroom sink? You loosened what flap? Please give us more details. Tom
    andysaun Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2010, 04:01 PM

It is my sink where the washer drains in the basement the flap I referd to is on the pvc pipe that connects to the main pipe going into the ground. I have also checked the floor drain in the basement and poured water into it and it draines real slow the rest of the drains in the house seem to be OK . I tried baking powder salt and vinegar solution in the sink to no avail when I loosen the pvc connector to the main pipe I don't see any back up of water into the ground ,just the water I poured into the sink draining out HELP Please
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 23, 2010, 06:33 AM

Let's see if I have this correct.
    You have a slop sink in your basement and a check valve, (the flap?) on the drain. I( I wonder why) and both the sink and the floor drain drains slow.
    I lossened the flap between the two oipes and it drained. But not into the ground.
    In don't understand this part at all. Can you explain it farther? Sorry! I guess it's just me this morning. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I add 2 washing machine drains to my laundry tub drain? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a single laundry tub in my basement with 2 washers draining into it. My wife wants to use the laundry tub and have the washers tie into the trap somewhere below the laundry tub and have it all go into the one drain in the floor. How can this be done?

Run water in tub drains. Fill tub does not drain [ 3 Answers ]

Run water in tub drains. Fill tub does not drain use snake but its still the same

Kitchen drain will not run. I snaked it 25 ft. [ 9 Answers ]

I ran a snake about 25 ft. did not find a clogg. The only vent on the roof is over the up stairs bath .all the rest of the drains thew out the house run normally

Overflowing & burping tub/toilets already snaked. [ 26 Answers ]

My middle bathroom toilet was burping when we used the shower in there and water would come up out of the tub in our master bath. The shower was draining slowly. We read that it might be the vents on the roof so we attempted to flush those out with a yard hose (water just came up in the showers). ...

Washing Machine Drain Overflow and Tub drains slow [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to this. I am afraid of the answer but I have to ask. Our washing machine drain backs up and overflows. It has been going on for awhile now. We recently over the weekend replaced the pipe under the house to try to remove any clogs or build up because over the counter drain-o did...

View more questions Search