Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chuck5104 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2008, 02:40 AM
    Tenant turned landlord issues
    My ex-girlfriend and I began renting an apartment in a converted house in Dec. of '06. The house we were living in went on the market in the summer of '07. I bought the house in August of '07, at the same time we were splitting up. She has yet to pick up her belongings and I am wondering when I can get rid of this stuff myself without ill consequence (I'm living in ND).
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2008, 05:12 AM
    Hello chuck:

Most states would rule that property left after 6 months is abandoned. I don't know if ND does. I'd write her a certified letter giving her an additional 30 days, and then throw it away.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tenant won't move, utilities turned off by utility company [ 2 Answers ]

Back again. Last night the police were at the rental unit due to a disturbance caused by the tenant. Police reported that tenant agreed to move today, Monday. Tenant has already move over 90% of stuff out a couple weeks ago but says said today we would still have to evict her. She has 100% of...

Landlord and tenant [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my husband and 2 yr old son have been living in our apartment sense June of this year... and the first thing I wanted to ask was... how long should it take a landlord to fix a door to our apartment? Because they also own the store downstairs and well they haven't fixed it in 6 months. Also...

Tenant vs. Landlord, VA [ 4 Answers ]

This one is a bit complicated... any help would be greatly appreciated... I was told by a woman I was working with that she had a house I could move in to and pay her "whatever" for the moment because she was paying the mortgage and it was empty. Something is better than nothing. I moved in...

View more questions Search