Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kat9273 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2003, 07:38 AM
    Bible study
    (1) To what do we owe the remission of our sins?

STONY Posts: 82, Reputation: 11

Sep 10, 2005, 08:27 AM
    The Shed Blood Of Jesus Christ Washes Away All Sins. Jesus Made A Decision To Become A Saviour To The World And That All Through Him Would Receive Redemption Of Sins.
    Morganite Posts: 863, Reputation: 86

Sep 10, 2005, 04:09 PM
    Remission pf sins
    Matthew 26:28
    For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Mark 1:4
    John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

Luke 3:3
    And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;

Acts 2:38
    Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 10:42
    And Jesus commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God [to be] the Judge of quick and dead. To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Romans 3:25
    Jesus, whom God hath set forth as a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Baptism is a sign to God, to angels, and to heaven that we do the will of God, and there is no other way beneath the heavens whereby God hath ordained for man to come to Him to be saved, and enter into the Kingdom of God, except faith in Jesus Christ and in his atoning sacrifice, repentance, and baptism for the remission of sins, and then you have the promise of the gift of the Holy Ghost.
    Morganite Posts: 863, Reputation: 86

Sep 10, 2005, 04:21 PM
    A Miracle
    John 9:26

Then said they to him again, What did he to thee? how opened he thine eyes?
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Apr 18, 2006, 12:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat9273
    (1) To what do we owe the remission of our sins?

First, Adam was told that disobedience or sin would bring death. So when he sinned, he began to deteriorate physically and mentally until he died. His children inherited his defective body and mind which made them sinners.

Romans 5:12
    Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Since divine justice requires that sin be followed by death, the only way out of this situation was for a blameless one, who himself had never sinned pay that death penalty for us. God promised to provide such a one when pronouncing sentence in Eden. He called the one who would pay for our sins the seed.

Genesis 3:15
    And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

This Edenic promise became the basis for the hope of the coming of a savior, a Messiah, and it runs as a theme through the Hebrew scriptures. In them we are told that the Messiah would come through Seth, then Noah as survivor of the flood, then his son Shem, then Abraham, Isaac, then Jacob who was later called Israel, then Judah as indicated by Israel's deathbed prophecy, then David. We aren't left in the dark about this promis but are led inexorably toward the fulfilment of the promise in Eden.

We Christians believe that Jesus fulfilled this Edenic promise.

Luke 3:38
    Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

Galatians 3:16
    Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

"Scriptures taken from the New King James Version. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson,
    Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Red Letter Bible: Fyi [ 4 Answers ]

RED LETTER BIBLE: FYI Some may not be aware of the origin of the Red Letter Bible. Thus my purpose in sharing the following. Bobbye ==========. THE RED LETTER BIBLE There are millions of people who read the Bible daily, yet few may know why some publishers print the words of Jesus...

Bible Help [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for the translation from the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic Bible into English. There are so many versions, and I keep getting pointed in different directions. Please Help! I'm Catholic, and I want something the King James Version. Thank you!

Bible study [ 8 Answers ]

How to do a bible study? I am a teen and I want to do a bible study.Please give me some guidance on that

Bible study [ 6 Answers ]

(2) What great zeal and self denial does Nehemiah, his brethren, his servants and the men of the guard which followed him show?

Bible Help [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for the oldest translation from the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic Bible into English.  There are so many versions, and I keep getting pointed in different directions.  Please Help!  I'm Catholic, and I want something before the King James Version. Thank you! RionerPoet

View more questions Search