Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kat9273 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2003, 07:39 AM
    Bible study
    (2) What great zeal and self denial does Nehemiah, his brethren, his servants and the men of the guard which followed him show?

Morganite Posts: 863, Reputation: 86

Sep 10, 2005, 04:18 PM
    Self denial
    A scriptural reference pointing to the event you have under consideration would have been helpful, as you will see if I address the wrong one in my answer.

Perhaps you refer to the rebuilding of the walls of Jerusalem in Nehemiah 4.

MORGANITE

:confused:
    bucker Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2005, 11:19 PM
    Nehemiah
    The Zeal was the rebuilding of the Temple. Their self denial was the thing which had been provided to the persons in their position...

Sep 12, 2005, 08:21 AM
    Bucker
    Quote Originally Posted by bucker
    . Their self denial was the thing which had been provided to the persons in their position...
    Bucker,

I am sorry, but I can't uderstand what you mean by the above sentence.

Can self-denial be provided? Isn't that someone does by not being provided with certain things?

I would sure appreciate if you couod explain what you mean in simpler terms for me.

Thanks for your time.

MORGANITE

:)

Sep 12, 2005, 05:15 PM
    Hi. Yes, I was just adding to the other post.. People in his position were intitled to certain thing because of their position. He refused to accept those, but rather let them go to toward rebuilding the temple. I might add that he wanted to reunite the Israelites to their rightful place.

Sep 13, 2005, 10:24 AM
    OK. Got it now. THX :)

Sep 14, 2005, 12:24 AM
    Hi.
    You are very welcome...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Red Letter Bible: Fyi [ 4 Answers ]

RED LETTER BIBLE: FYI Some may not be aware of the origin of the Red Letter Bible. Thus my purpose in sharing the following. Bobbye ==========. THE RED LETTER BIBLE There are millions of people who read the Bible daily, yet few may know why some publishers print the words of Jesus...

Bible Help [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for the translation from the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic Bible into English. There are so many versions, and I keep getting pointed in different directions. Please Help! I'm Catholic, and I want something the King James Version. Thank you!

Bible study [ 8 Answers ]

How to do a bible study? I am a teen and I want to do a bible study.Please give me some guidance on that

Bible study [ 4 Answers ]

(1) To what do we owe the remission of our sins?

Bible Help [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for the oldest translation from the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic Bible into English.  There are so many versions, and I keep getting pointed in different directions.  Please Help!  I'm Catholic, and I want something before the King James Version. Thank you! RionerPoet

View more questions Search