Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    studyfreakeku Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2007, 03:15 AM
    Waters off Toilet and Tub are Still overflowing with water?
    I have had the water company out here twice and they say everything is fine. I had them shut off the water to the house so I could find the problem. Still I have water flowing up into the toilet bowl and also backup into the bathtub. I have not water running on my part however it's like their sewer water is pushing in to my house in reverse. I need to know where to go from here I can't handle my house smelling like a sewer and I can't stop the water flowing into my house.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 2, 2007, 08:27 AM
    That is not your fresh incoming water causing your problem. If you are getting sewage backing up and you are not flushing other toilets you are getting a backup from the city sewer, pretty rare but possible. If the backup happens when you flush or use other fixtures in the house the blockage is in your drain line, more likely.

Please rate my answer so I'll know if I helped you. Good luck.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2007, 09:40 AM
    Get on the city big time. By the way, any time you shut the water off, you need to open a hot water tap if you don't have an expansion tank for the hot water heater. As it heats and cools, water expands and contracts. It the inlet isn't open, something else must be.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2007, 03:25 PM
    Is your home lower than the street? Are you in a multi dwelling building? Do a search on backwater valve.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet backing up in wash tub [ 7 Answers ]

When I flush my toilet it gurgles in the kitchen sink and then comes up in the washer tub in the basement, raw sewage and all. I have a septic tank. I have already had a plumber come and snake ALL the drains, even the main line, and it is still happening. PLEASE HELP

Cannot redirect water from tub to shower in Bathroom tub water fixrure [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Mohen bathtub fixture. When pulling the stem on the spout to change from bathtub to shower, water does redirect to the shower head but continues to flow from the tubspout. I have removed the spout and the shower head and the water flows properly (from both) Could someone please advise...

Toilet overflowing and tub draining slowly [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, This is my first question on this site; hope you can help! My toilet has been overflowing for about three days. Kept plunging it and it would be OK for awhile. Took a shower (bath/tub combo) yesterday and today and noticed that the tub is draining very slowly with lots of glurging as it goes...

Tub draining - but overflowing @ air vent T [ 4 Answers ]

Hi- Great forum and I'm hoping someone can help me... My tub is draining well... even better after a snaking and enzyme wash... but I see water backflowing (under the one-story house) at the t-connection with the air vent. Questions: 1) am I right to keep thinking this is a drainage problem...

Adding plumbing for tub/ toilet to home [ 1 Answers ]

We have an older farm home and are doing some remodeling and wish to add a toilet and a tub to our existing laundry room which consists of a concrete slab. What ideas do you have as to the plumbing applications that we could use to make this work? All the plumbing pipes are in the main portion...

View more questions Search