Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yamitza23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2009, 06:35 PM
    Gold chain sucked in washer
    I accidentally washed some gold jewelry in the washer. Some did not go through because of their were a ring and bracelet. But the chain is gone. Is there any possibility that is still in my washer or has it been sucked out? I have a Roper, please help. Thank you very much.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 2, 2009, 09:21 PM
    It is possible to still be in the washer outer tub BUT I would not count on it. If it was a thin enough chain it could have gone through the pump and down the drain. The only way to tell is to disconnect the machings drainage pipes and check them also check in the water pump. Last but not least you can check the outer tub but to really see in there you will need to pull the inner tub and that is a big pain.

If the gold chain was not a real expensive one I would just let it go since taking the machine apart is not a fun job and most homeowners will have to call a pro which will cost big $$$. This happened to my wife a few years back and I took the machine apart without finding the chain. I got lucky and looked down the sewer drain access lid outside and sure enough it was sitting about 36 inched down at the bottom of the pipe. It took 2 hours to fish it out since a magnet would not work. Ended up using a fishing trebble hook and a fishing weight on some fish line to get it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool Washer: Chain fell between tubs. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. Had what I hope is a quick question. I have a small metal jewelry chain like for a necklace that accidentally got put in the pocket of a pair of jeans which were later washed.:eek: Just yesterday I discovered the attachment end of the chain just sticking out of one of the holes in the bottom of...

Whirlpool Gold Washer won't drain! [ 4 Answers ]

My Whirlpool Gold (Catalyst) Washer model GSX9885JQO will suddenly not drain. I was in the middle of washing several loads of wash. I went to empty the clothes and put the next load in and it had not drained. I ran various parts of the drain cycle over. It will add new water, but wherever it is...

Gold chain pricee [ 2 Answers ]

How much does anice gold chain cost at a jelewry store should I try to bargen down the price for the chain

Whirlpool Gold Catalyst Washer [ 3 Answers ]

This was our FIRST Whirlpool washer/dryer set and our LAST!! How does one remove the control panel?

View more questions Search