Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laurr92 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2011, 12:53 AM
    Can a girl get infected with HPV when giving oral sex to an infected male?
    Can a girl get infected with HPV when giving oral sex to an infected male who isn't having an outbreak?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 31, 2011, 05:16 AM

You are confusing HPV with Herpes. Herpes has outbreaks.. but many people with Herpes shed live virus even without an outbreak. HPV doesn't have outbreaks... its a constant thing where you can always pass it on to an uninfected partner.
    Christinaleo93 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2011, 04:28 PM
    I would like to correct the other person that answered this. You CAN have outbreaks from hpv, it's called warts. My mother has hpv and she always complain about her outbreaks. Now to your answer, yes you can catch hpv from them with oral sex. If the skin comes in contact with any part of you insides (cuts vigina mouth and eyes) you can get it. Be careful and good luck =)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 1, 2011, 07:03 PM

But the answer is yes, you can get it from the other partner, anytime
    laurr92 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2011, 11:37 AM
    Thanks guys. I have gotten my gardisil shots within the last couple years, does this change anything? And the guy wasn't breaking out and hasn't been for a while now due to his medication for the warts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does the belly piercing necessarily need to look infected to be infected? [ 9 Answers ]

Does it? Mine doesn't hurt and people say it doesn't look infected at all. But I'm scared help

Oral sex performance guidance for the cutest girl [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I'll start right off the bat that I am a 18 year old virgin because I waited till I would appreciate a relationship with another person. I Meet the most beautiful girl I have ever seen, she has been very patient with me. I am not quite ready for sex but I want to show her how much I...

Std risk - giving oral sex - female to male [ 5 Answers ]

I have a question and apologize if the answer is obvious and I come across as naïve, but does anyone know (or can point to a source that may enlighten me on) the difference in risk in performing oral sex on a man and moving away before he ejaculates vs. holding the ejaculation in one's mouth before...

View more questions Search