Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blondndisguise5 Posts: 78, Reputation: 7

May 22, 2009, 08:13 AM
    I think I am paranoid
    I feel like there might be a problem with me. I'm usually happy but someitmes I get depressed. Its like there are voices/feelings in my head telling me how everyone hates me and how I am alone and have no one. But then the other side of me recognizes that I have a WHOLE bunch of people who love me and care about me. I justhave a problem getting close and breaking down my walls with people. I get jealous easy and I look at friends politically without even wanting too or meaning too. I just don't know what wrong with me I feel like I have paranioa. Does anyone lse feel this way? How do you deal?
    RusterG Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2009, 08:49 AM

Well I think of all the special people in my life it keeps me happy and get me through
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

May 22, 2009, 09:24 AM

Well, it's just a phase. Just keep fighting it. Be strong.

Read some help-me books. They really help boost your confidence level.

There's a really good: 7 Habits of Hightly Effective Teens. Then when you're done, read the "8th Habit".

But there's probably another 100 books out there just as good!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 22, 2009, 12:37 PM

Fight it.
    You need to learn self control in your thinking like as soon as you start thinking negative thoughts redirect them with facts. Like you feel everybody hates you, you tell yourself fact is you have a bunch of people that love you and dwell on that.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 22, 2009, 10:30 PM

Hi, blondndisguise5!

Growing up is tough and our minds can do really weird things to us in the process.

If you would like to, there is an activity that I like to do with people on this site that might help you to feel better.

Please let me know on this thread if you're interested in knowing what it is and participating in it.

Thanks!

May 23, 2009, 03:23 PM

Clough I'm interested!
    Uber Member

May 23, 2009, 03:35 PM

Hi again, blondndisguise5!

What it is, is writing the lyrics to a song and having it set to music. You can even hear what it sounds like!

Even if you've never done that, I can show you how to do it.

Thanks!
    carly_may_13 Posts: 53, Reputation: 7

Jul 14, 2009, 01:05 AM

You should watch "What the bleep do we know?". Tell me what you think after.
    Christfollower Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jul 15, 2009, 01:47 PM
    Well, if you think about it, everyone's the same. I mean we're all human. I don't want to make judgement and say that maybe some bad stuff has happened to you in the past that would make you feel this way, but that is the assumption I'm going to make. I think you feel alone because maybe no one else knows what happened or maybe you feel like your insecurities are exposed, but, truthfully, you will always over analyze yourself way more than anyone else will, and unless you tell them how you feel, they will never know what's wrong. You say that you get jealous a lot, and I think it's because you're afraid of losing people that you love. You feel like they might love you less than the next person, but the thing is, you have to trust them and love with your heart completely. If you hold back love, you can't expect to get it fully in return. Hold your head high, trust, forgive, and love.
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2009, 07:29 PM

I do hope that you return to here, blondndisguise5!

Jul 19, 2009, 10:31 AM

Carly man - I watched it and it was interesting but to be hoenst its all just beyond my capacities.. the purpose of everything and immaturity of people confuses me to no end. I am happy and have nothing to complain about in life yet I feel this deep sense of lonliness and emptiness, I don't know what to do with this "life" or how to move on or how to feel...

I think my original post stems from me, I am really loyal to people and when they stab me in the back its like... its just gotten to be a lot to handle

Apr 5, 2010, 06:23 AM

I get what your saying, I hate being around ignorant people and get frustrated easily sometimes. I get mad sometimes seeing that people that are not considerate or gracious of anything, and they still cruise through life, getting things that they want and don't seam like they even have to try. When I am mad or frustrated I just try to surround myself with positive people. Venting to someone that is willing to listen is good sometimes too. I'm sorry that movie didn't help you as much as it did me. The main thing I got out of it was that negative energy promotes negative things and good energy promotes good things, and that tidbit has held true to me ever since I have started to acknowledge the outcomes of my thoughts and actions.

There are a lot of bitter and close-minded people wandering around in their lives just getting though the day, and that's why I believe that society as a whole will have to have it's kicked into gear before all people start to realize what to actually do with their lives. If you feel stuck, unstick yourself. Make a bucket list, and actually do the things on it. Try anything now, you don't want to let your life slip to something that is not fun.

I was kind of depressed after one of my good friends died, and was feeling buried in routine. Get up, go to work, eat, drink with friends, sleep, repeat. I was nearing depression and knew I had to change something so I moved to Tofino in BC, somewhere that wasn't to far away from all my friends and family but verrry different. I ended up meeting people that changed my life and totally snapped out of the lull I was in. Sometimes a little change will change everything.

I would love to hear from you if this helped at all, message me whenever.

Till then I'll leave you with a quote/bumper sticker
    "I'd love to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my "

Apr 5, 2010, 06:25 AM

Ahhhh it edited it out but it was a#$
    bloodyhalo94 Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Apr 8, 2010, 09:30 AM

I know exactly how you feel... you do have to try and fight it. It might be really hard and those feelings can be overwhelming but (as other people said) just think about all the fun things you and your friends have done. People tell me this so I'll tell you and if you think about this it should help. We aren't 5 anymore and our parents aren't making us be friends with people we don't like... if someone didn't want to be your friend they would tell you. If they're still talking and hanging out with you then they still care about you and want to be your friend... they don't hate you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Too Paranoid [ 5 Answers ]

I obsess about knowing whether I have something planned on a Friday or Saturday night. If there is any chance that I might not have something to do, then I freak out and get really depressed. I feel like I should want to be alone. I live in the dorms and I'm never really alone anymore. Is this...

I think I'm too paranoid [ 6 Answers ]

In 1999 my family had a house fire. Because of things in a laundry room not being up to code our dryer burst into flames. Also because our landlord never installed smoke detectors when the fire was found it was to late. I was 10 almost 11 at the time, and I found the fire. It spread fast and we...

Am I paranoid [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, Well here I go, I have known a guy for a few years and just found out a couple of weeks ago that he liked me, after I have gotten out of a 2 year relationship with someone else, well we hit off, we would text, Im and call each other, well I got sick one night at his house and left without an...

I'm Paranoid [ 1 Answers ]

I have been going out with someone for 1 year. He is at university in Cardiff, and I have seen things in the internet (photos, bogs and so on) to suggest he is cheating or has done.. I also looked at his private mail and seen messages from a girl.. I know I shouldn't have looked as it is private....

Paranoid I am [ 2 Answers ]

I keep feeling paranoid. How? When I'm sitting in this little sort of crammed, probably cozy room, I keep thinking that behind me which is a window is a bunch of school friends or jocks or people from my school or some one watching me and laughing and probably even taking pictures of me. My...

View more questions Search