Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Adidas13 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2006, 10:10 AM
    Air Admittance Valve
    I was reading up on these, if I were to install one, they say to install them above the highest flood level of the space the valve is in. I am installing a toilet and sink in my basement. And you recommended this. Does this mean I must install a new stack in the bathroom above the sink level with the AAV at the top of the stack? Jeremy
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 2, 2006, 02:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Adidas13
    I was reading up on these, if I were to install one, they say to install them above the highest flood level of the space the valve is in. I am installing a toilet and sink in my basement. And you recommended this. Does this mean I must install a new stack in the bathroom above the sink level with the AAV at the top of the stack? Jeremy
    Hi Jeremy,

That "flood rim thingy" is for reventing back into a existing dry vent.
    You may install the AAV under the cabinet if you wish behind the trap or if you wish to conceal it you can pick up the sink with a tee and install the AAV on top of the tee. They do make a trap for a AAV installation, (see image).
    Regards, Tom

Jan 2, 2006, 02:13 PM
    Thanks fro replying , so the image you sent me that is sold as one unit like the picture. Where can I get one, where can I get an AAV. Do you know a ballpark price on one. And finally, if I put the AAV coming out of the sink, behind the wall because I'll have a pedistal type sink, that will also vent the toilet if I hook the two together correct?

Jeremy
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 2, 2006, 04:40 PM
    I just spent a interesting hour with Google researching a AAV trap. While Google could furnish me with a image they couldn't come up with a manufacture. Not to worry. Just install a tee on the stubout, turn it up and install a raiser out of the branch to raise the AAV as high as you can under the cabinet. You can Check out AAV's at: http://www.studor.com/homeowners.htm
    Regards, Tom

Jan 3, 2006, 06:46 PM
    Speedball, Thanks for your help. Very helpful. You are a good man! I am sure I'll have more questions for you later!!

Jeremy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bath Tub Valve [ 5 Answers ]

I need to shut off the water to my bath tub but cannot find the shut off valves that are by all the sinks & toilets in the house. Do tubs have those shut-off valves? Thanks!

Odor in kitchen/air-admittance vent [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I rent and live on the top floor. We were told that we have a sewage vent under our kitchen sink which I can only assume is a air-admittance vent. We have been complaining of a foul odor coming from the kitchen for over a month and the maintenance seems unable to fix anything. ...

Smart valve [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have two questions. I have a Tempstar gas furnace that has a intermittent smart valve issue. It sometimes goes days and works fine and others, it will not open the main gas line. I get an orange glow from the ignitor, but the gas never comes on and the cycle ends after a few tries....

Gas valve noise on main valve engagement [ 1 Answers ]

I have a carrier 58gs100ga furnace with a white rodgers 36e93 gas valve. The main gas valve solenoid chatters or rattles for a split second before it stays engaged after the pilot is proved. I just replace the spark/lock out board and the fan board for a different problem. This chatter is...

View more questions Search