Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mdbeaker Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2007, 09:48 AM
    Rough running 1991 honda
    I have a 1991 Honda Accord LX (250,000 mi) it has a rough running zone between 1500 - 2000 rpms. Worst after car has warmed up. The distributor, cap, rotor, ign. Wires, spark plugs have been replaced. No loss of power or missing under load. It accelerates normal. A little rough idle when cold, but expect it to with that many miles. It seems to run rough at times at normal highway steady speeds.
    Anyone with ideas?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2007, 10:59 AM
    Replacing igniter and coil should solve the problem.

Mar 21, 2007, 11:20 AM
    I was under the impression that the coil was in the distributor. What is the ignitor and it's purpose?
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2007, 12:58 PM
    Both the igniter and coil are in the distributor. Igniter are electronic points for opening and closing the primary voltage in the coil.

Mar 21, 2007, 06:12 PM
    I had replaced the complete distributor with another known good one.
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2007, 07:12 PM
    Okay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1991 honda civic starts very rough then stalls. [ 16 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I've been reading as much as I can on this and other sites regarding starting problems on 91 honda civics. The information I gained was very helpful and informative, but, I am not 100% sure if my problem is with the ignition coil or igniter or the whole distributor. I...

1991 Honda Civic DX won't stay running [ 8 Answers ]

My Honda Civic is having problems staying running. When this first started I was driving up a very slight hill and my vehicle started losing power and began to do a pulling action. It then completely died, as in engine and lights and everything. I managed to get it to an area where I could turn it...

6.0 Diesel running rough [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2006 Ford F350 with 6.0 Diesel. The vehicle is serviced on a regular basis. By the way just turned 109,000 miles. I recently developed what seems to me a slight miss. Rough idle. And when maintaining steady speed and in 5th ? Gear, automatic tranny. If I push the accelerator and...

Running rough when ac OFF [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 96 mitsubishi eclipse rs 2.0 ltr 16 valve 4 cy. It stalls out when I am driving down the road and it runs good when the ac is on and runs rough when the ac is off. What could be my problem?

My 96 Honda Civic is Running a little rough [ 1 Answers ]

All right, well I got up to go to school this morning and my check engine light comes on, and I notice when I am idling that it is rough and shakey, any suggestions as to what the problem and/or solution might be?

View more questions Search